Anyone got your Surface yet?

Writing this post from my couch with my Surface. It's gorgeous. I love it. Touch cover is awesome, very easy to type on, I'm already up to 70-85 wpm (115-130 on a good day with a normal keyboard)

Very high quality piece of work, quite fast, screen is AMAZING.

Only gripe is it occasionally drops my home wifi and I have to reconnect.

So, loving this, writing a post in IE10 metro with Netflix snapped to the side. Absolutely fantastic.

It's nice having all the stuff that usually works (ctrl c, ctrl v, win+r) just working on my tablet with no learning curve

And, it has powershell. Life is good.

You know what else is awesome? Its so light! I have no problem holding it one handed. Looks great in portrait.

Anyone else got it yet? Thoughts?

Writing this post from my couch with my Surface. It's gorgeous. I love it. Touch cover is awesome, very easy to type on, I'm already up to 70-85 wpm (115-130 on a good day with a normal keyboard)

Very high quality piece of work, quite fast, screen is AMAZING.

Only gripe is it occasionally drops my home wifi and I have to reconnect.

So, loving this, writing a post in IE10 metro with Netflix snapped to the side. Absolutely fantastic.

It's nice having all the stuff that usually works (ctrl c, ctrl v, win+r) just working on my tablet with no learning curve

And, it has powershell. Life is good.

You know what else is awesome? Its so light! I have no problem holding it one handed. Looks great in portrait.

Anyone else got it yet? Thoughts?

congrats dude, im seriously tempted to buy 1 , i think win 8 will b a winner on surface, i need to play with 1 tho, b4 i decide

I would have bought one just to use it till the surface pro but they charged too much for me to splurge and resell later. Surface Pro on the other hand falls under shutup and take my money.

Congrads!!! Just a quick question: How to you copy media to it? Does it have USB ports on it to just flip stuff over?

It has a USB port and a microSD slot plus the normal networking you've been doing on windows forever. Connect it to your home group and you should be able to setup a network share or access them etc.

Nice! You going to get office for it?

I'm pretty sure it comes with office preinstalled on it

Congrads!!! Just a quick question: How to you copy media to it? Does it have USB ports on it to just flip stuff over?

Yes, it has a usb port
  • Like 3

Yes, I'm loving it. I did make some videos about the "performance issues" that were in reviews but I won't post since that isn't what this is about. I LOVE IT! Touch keyboard is so awesome. Definitely an awesome product and it can only get better :D.

Nice! You going to get office for it?

Office comes standard on it, so he doesn't need to! I just got mine a few hours ago, and I am incredibly impressed. Every expectation I had was completely beat. The touch cover is honestly an incredible piece of engineering, as is the rest of the device.

Nope have not received it as of yet, now 3:35pm. But I did phone and asked what was going on with my order, because the Canadain page is all messed up with tracking. Well as stated by the sales tech; we are having problems in Canada so it might be there today if not it will be there on Mon. So today is one of those days where I rely could care less. So I said no problems and hung up, I went to check my e-mail, and just that fast I had a e-mail sent to me by Microsoft saying that as stated in your pre- order it stated you would receive it on Oct 26 or Oct 30? Hmm I don't remember seeing that? Well any whoo they gave me a $50.00 store voucher. Ohh and I also asked how they are shipping in Canada, they said they are using FedEx and ups.

I just purchased one a couple of hours ago, with the Type Cover. I figured I would get this until the Surface Pro comes out and sell this one then. For now though, it's great, just great.

One thing I'm trying to figure out though is: I am using the new Skype "Modern UI" application, how do I sign out of it to log in under a different Skype account?

It has a USB 2.0 port

Got mine this morning. Early too. I was so happy to see it but I was on my way to work. Grabbed it and took it to work and i love it so far. Typing on the keyboard is awesome. Im a lover of soft keys / touch when im typing. Only time I demand a push is gaming.

So this works out really well for me. I would say im 40-55 wpm. To me it doesnt matter right now but I will most likely use this or my retina to type a lot for work(IT Field) and i think then ill get faster. Or naturally using it i will too.

I will say i love the onscreen keyboard also. They did a great job.

Now, question for you, have you figured out a way to manually update office? I remeber there being a way but I cant find "Windows Update" when I search update, I also want to know how to close metro apps without bringing up all the open apps and then right click closing them, i would like to do it all by touch.

Got mine this morning. Early too. I was so happy to see it but I was on my way to work. Grabbed it and took it to work and i love it so far. Typing on the keyboard is awesome. Im a lover of soft keys / touch when im typing. Only time I demand a push is gaming.

So this works out really well for me. I would say im 40-55 wpm. To me it doesnt matter right now but I will most likely use this or my retina to type a lot for work(IT Field) and i think then ill get faster. Or naturally using it i will too.

I will say i love the onscreen keyboard also. They did a great job.

Now, question for you, have you figured out a way to manually update office? I remeber there being a way but I cant find "Windows Update" when I search update, I also want to know how to close metro apps without bringing up all the open apps and then right click closing them, i would like to do it all by touch.

You can find Windows Update if you select the settings charm and then tap on Change PC Settings (assuming it's still called that on a tablet). It's the last option on the list on the left hand side of the screen.

Yes, I'm loving it. I did make some videos about the "performance issues" that were in reviews but I won't post since that isn't what this is about. I LOVE IT! Touch keyboard is so awesome. Definitely an awesome product and it can only get better :D.

I would like to see the video on the issues.

To close, swipe from top to bottom. And I just typed Windows Update and it popped up with the ability to install optional updates. Make sure you're searching settings.

By the way, this USB port is awesome. Just plugged in my RF receiver for my Logitech keyboard and mouse and within seconds they both worked...

Thank you both of you. I did search for it at my Metro Home screen and just pulled out the charms bar, search and the whole system not the current app i was in. But going to change pc settings worked.

Also the closing top to bottom, i was doing that but I cant pulling the top bar down, I have to get my touch down with this thing haha. Thanks for youre help guys.

I do hate the fact that the back gets dirty with fingerprints too easy but that is life, im not putting a case on this thing. Itll be as clean and as black as my iPhone 5

I bought one at the Microsoft Store today. I am very impressed. I originally was a skeptic of the touch cover but I will admit I was wrong. It is very easy to adapt to and far superior to an on-screen keyboard.

Also - some reviews mentioned the form factor being awkward...I don't get that impression at all. It feels VERY natural in your hands, and Windows 8 as expected is very smooth. It is a very good product.

I just picked up mine from the Microsoft Store about an hour ago and I love it! Its much better than I expected, such a joy to use! I bought the Touch Cover with mine (Cyan), and the Incipio case to go along with it. Even typing using the on screen keyboard is fantastic. Hope everyone gets theirs for the weekend.

• Like 2

Just received my Surface. Some of my family members dropped their ipads and wanted to know what this cool thing is. I got the impression they now feel they have something vastly inferior. One family member immediately put his ipad away,and it got a great chuckle from everyone. Another family member wanted to compare apps like skype,and the reaction on their faces was hilarious.

• Like 2

So suddenly the ipad looks like the toy it always was. Whereas the surface is a tool for BOSSES?

Both of them are consumer toys. Surface Pro may change that, but RT will not.