Anyone got your Surface yet?

another question, for the desktop in RT, is it possible to increase the sizing so its more finger friendly? ie: right click>personalize>display>150%

Yes, but 125% is the max scaling. I turned it on til I got used to it and now it's back at 100%. If I need fine mouse control for the desktop, I just use the touch cover.

Look at all the peeps with their WP's next to the Surface :)

I wish MS or OEM's would have come out with an RT version that can do inking, I woulda been in heaven and handing over my money faster than the flash. Now im left waiting for the pro or one of the oem pros if impatience gets the better of me.

I have a lot of surfaces in my home...

Seriously though, I consider now. I got Win8 and I'm impressed. I'm liking it over Win7 atm. Just gotta get used to it though.

Anand's review mentioned about the keyboard lag with the Type Cover keyboard. I actually experienced it myself when I started typing really fast. Is this a software bug or a hardware issue? I don't like the Touch Cover, but I'll have no choice, but to get that one if the Type Cover's issue is a hardware related problem. I didn't experienced any lag with the Touch Cover.

Anand's review mentioned about the keyboard lag with the Type Cover keyboard. I actually experienced it myself when I started typing really fast. Is this a software bug or a hardware issue? I don't like the Touch Cover, but I'll have no choice, but to get that one if the Type Cover's issue is a hardware related problem. I didn't experienced any lag with the Touch Cover.

Did ya install all the updates? A few people had that problem and updating solved it for them.

What does the surface do for the Microsoft Eco system? If you have windows phone and /or windows 8 does it sync contacts, cals, data from apps and all the rest of it?

What does the surface do for the Microsoft Eco system? If you have windows phone and /or windows 8 does it sync contacts, cals, data from apps and all the rest of it?

Your question about what Surface does for the Microsoft ecosystem is confusing. I'm not sure what you're asking.

But yes, it does sync your contacts and calendar with the cloud and all your devices, and apps can roam data, although the app developer has to support it. In addition, it will also automatically sync your Windows settings and wallpaper between Windows 8 devices you use.

Any UK folk got Surface yet ?

Does Order change from 'in process" to anything else and do they send you any delivery info like tracking ?

They *might* not send you an email (but they should), but the easiest way to check if it's been dispatched is to check your bank balance - if the money is gone, it's probably going to be with you within the next 36 hours.

Does Order change from 'in process" to anything else and do they send you any delivery info like tracking ?

I'm still waiting for mine but I don't expect it will arrive. MS told me twice that it would arrive on the 26th so I don't have much faith in their new promise that it would arrive today. I might have to see if I can get another ?50 credit if it's delayed any further ;)

They *might* not send you an email (but they should), but the easiest way to check if it's been dispatched is to check your bank balance - if the money is gone, it's probably going to be with you within the next 36 hours.

Microsoft told me that the payment would come out on the day the order ships which probably means it won't hit your account until a day or so later (given how hopeless British banking is).

Ordered the 64GB version on Thursday, no waiting time on that one. Money has been taken when I checked on Friday.

Would be nice if I knew when it was coming. Think it said Fedex for delivery so they must do tracking. Microsoft just have to tell what that is.

I'm still waiting for mine. I called them yesterday to correct a problem with my billing and shipping address (their website doesn't like UK postal codes that begin with a single letter) and then asked about delivery schedules. They are working through a backlog of deliveries and have promised that I will receive mine by the 30th, and that I will receive a tracking reference by e-mail. I am not hopeful.

I can forgive the delivery not arriving on time, but the experience that I have had with the Microsoft store is not too impressive.

I'm still waiting for mine but I don't expect it will arrive. MS told me twice that it would arrive on the 26th so I don't have much faith in their new promise that it would arrive today. I might have to see if I can get another ?50 credit if it's delayed any further ;)

Microsoft told me that the payment would come out on the day the order ships which probably means it won't hit your account until a day or so later (given how hopeless British banking is).

Ah, I just realised that tomorrow is the 30th, not today (the end of daylight savings has confused me too much :laugh:), so I guess MS have until tomorrow to deliver.

I wish they'd sent these out via Royal Mail rather than UPS. It's much easier to pick a parcel up from the post office than deal with a courier if I miss the delivery.

Went and played with one at the Microsoft Store, the RT is pretty nice, but I can't spend $500+ on a tablet and be "app restricted". The sales people did a good job at trying to get me to buy a RT, but I stood my ground, I'm holding out for the Pro. They kept asking me, what would you want to install that's not a standard app that would be on the app store?

- iTunes

- DirecTV2Go

- FileZilla

- LogMeIn

- Spotify

- Fences

- Steam

-Security Essentials (This might be out by now, but I didn't find it when I was searching earlier)

I could go on and on...some of those may exist by the time the Pro comes out, regardless the USB 3.0 and non app restrictions is what I want.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for mine. I called them yesterday to correct a problem with my billing and shipping address (their website doesn't like UK postal codes that begin with a single letter) and then asked about delivery schedules. They are working through a backlog of deliveries and have promised that I will receive mine by the 30th, and that I will receive a tracking reference by e-mail. I am not hopeful.

I can forgive the delivery not arriving on time, but the experience that I have had with the Microsoft store is not too impressive.

I had that postcode problem too. Annoying glitch. Microsoft really need to improve their service.

Went and played with one at the Microsoft Store, the RT is pretty nice, but I can't spend $500+ on a tablet and be "app restricted". The sales people did a good job at trying to get me to buy a RT, but I stood my ground, I'm holding out for the Pro. They kept asking me, what would you want to install that's not a standard app that would be on the app store?

- iTunes

- DirecTV2Go

- FileZilla

- LogMeIn

- Spotify

- Fences

- Steam

-Security Essentials (This might be out by now, but I didn't find it when I was searching earlier)

I could go on and on...some of those may exist by the time the Pro comes out, regardless the USB 3.0 and non app restrictions is what I want.

Security essentials is integrated I thik.

- iTunes

- DirecTV2Go

- FileZilla

- LogMeIn

- Spotify

- Fences

- Steam

Not sure why you would even want the Pro.

The specs aren't exactly great for gaming but depends what you plan on playing.

I have no expectation of playing Borderlands 2 or anything of that nature. I just don't like be restricted to downloading applications off of only the Microsoft app store.

I didn't even bother to check when I was playing around with the RT the other day to see if it had security essentials already installed or not...

The Surface Pro should be able to play Borderlands 2 on the lowest settings. I could play Borderlands 2 at the lowest settings (30-60 FPS) with an NVIDIA GeForce 320M which is weaker than the Intel HD 4000. It won't be nice, but it will be playable which is fine for a tablet.

I'm in the UK and I got mine this morning, was delivered by UPS. The odd thing is though that the website still says "Order In Process"... so don't put much stock into what the website tells you guys... it's pretty rubbish.

Anyhow, I'm very impressed with it so far, though the Office update takes FOREVER and makes Surface run sluggishly while it's doing it.