Graphics card not playing nice with Windows 8 or something else?

I purchased Windows 8 yesterday, backed up my stuff, and tried installing it. The installation screen was incredibly glitchy and unreadable but I put in my key and it continued. It gets to the end, still glitchy, and then my monitor goes into power saving mode and I can't bring it out. I restart and it says Windows 8 installation has failed and it's reverting back to my 7 installation. I use a Geforce GT 240 as my graphics card. If I run it with onboard graphics, the installation screen is nice and clear, and Windows 8 installs without a hitch. Once I switch back to my graphics card the problem(s) come back. The Upgrade Advisor said 8 supports my graphics card so I don't really get what the problem is since I can install Windows 7 fine and everything.

My other system specs are AMD Athlon X2 5000+, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB backup drive, and a 450W power supply. If anyone could help me figure this out it would be much appreciated. If I forgot anything, just ask. :D

Hmm, the only thing I can think of would be to make sure you have the windows 8 driver for your card.

I can't even get into Windows to install the drivers unless I use onboard first then install them that way then switch back to my graphics card but the problem pops up again after.

Again nVidia, there must be some issue with certain older nVidia cards and 8, similar thread here somewhere, same thing, install glitchy, can't login etc, remove card, works fine

No solution that I've heard of yet

I got the drivers from the Nvidia site, same version you linked to. I had to install them using the onboard graphics (Nvidia also) but once I switched back to graphics card, Windows 8 would stop working. I haven't tried the beta drivers yet, think it would make any difference?