New TV -LG47LM960V

Well just over two months ago there was a bit of a domestic at my flat, my now ex girlfriend decided to go on a technology rampage. She smashed my PS Vita, my phone and then attempted to smash my TV fortunately she didn't do too much damage, broken corner and snapped optical port at the back from stretching the lead that was plugged in.

28vabee.jpg

After things calmed down I called my insurance comapny to get it repaired, they sent someone around and basically told me they would repair it for me under my cover. The TV itself still worked fine fortunately (was last years entry level 3D set) so I kept using it and waiting for the repair, after two months I called the insurance company again, they advised me that it could be another month yet and due to the abnormal wait time they would source a replacement instead. About half hour later a guy calls me up asking if I would accept the replacement TV they offered, the flagship LG TV for the year! Obviously I accepted this and then he said he would sort out the paperwork and then take payment... Uh oh! Turns out I had to pay ?12 delivery charge, when asking him about the old one he told me that I can dispose of it myself.

Well yesterday the TV was delivered and it really is a thing of beauty, read so many people moaning over on AV forums and have tested the films they mentioned 24p issues and cannot see the problems, so possibly been fixed in a recent firmware update. The screen is so bright and crisp, the 3D is much better than last years effort and the minimal bezel is simple amazing. All in all, I'm kinda glad I had a crazy girlfriend!

Iqzq0.jpgrOH2j.jpg

Thats a nice, and expensive TV :o

Yeah considering my TV was ?650 last year, to have it replaced with that was something of a shock, I got the guy to repeat the model number twice just to make sure. When he mentioned about taking payment I panicked and thought he would be wanting payment for the difference in value. Certainly a lovely upgrade and an amazing set. Now I need a bracket to put the other one in my bedroom! :)

• 2 weeks later...

beautiful set... be sure to THANK your girlfriend...

oh you lucky ******, that is one beautiful TV :drool:

Well I've not thanked her, but I'm certainly appreciative of her actions lol