• Windows Phone, iOS and Android are overrated. My platform FTW
  3. 3. Which device you like the most?

• Lumia 920
    • Windows Phone 8X
    • Lumia 820/822
    • Windows Phone 8S
    • ATIV S
    • They are all the same

I've got a Windows Phone 7 smartphone (LG), so I won't be able to access any Windows Phone 8 whatsoever. Thanks, Microsoft, the next time I will need a phone (very far away in the future, that's it) I'll consider your kindness and respect for me as a long-time customer and I'll get a completely different product....

currently on HTC Mozart. the launch lineup is sad really version with

Nokia: 920 is chunky.

HTC 8X is almost the same dimensions has 920 without pureview and smaller screen

Ativ seems to be an afterthought but is the only phone with 32GB internal and SD card slot. camera from the reviews sucks compared to 8X and 920.

i think i'll wait for the Surface Phone :/

I'm thinking of sticking with WP7 for another year and then switching to WP8 or whatever version it is then.

If I could upgrade right now though, I'd go for the Lumia 920.

Dunno what color 8x to get :(

The one with the grey color. Approximately your signature picture one. It looks pretty business type phone, if you ask me, in that color

I must admit I do like the designs of Windows Phone's, but I could never buy a Windows Phone at the moment mainly because of its lack of apps at the moment. That, and I enjoy the huge customisation that I have available on my Android phone (and future Android phones as well). I won't be stuck with Android 4.0.4 because 4.3 won't support the hardware; I can find a ROM online and flash that to my device so I can have the latest features and with some of the bloatware removed so I get a faster experience too.

However, I think for parents Windows Phone is a good phone to have. It isn't overpriced like iPhones are (though Windows Phone 8's are hardly affordable either). It's good because of the Kid's Corner feature and its ease of use. But for me personally, it definitely isn't the phone to have - it would just limit me so much compared to what I can do on my Android phone.

I think so many problems with Android right now. I don't think current crop looks great at all. I like the HTC windows phone 8. If windows phone gets just a few more key apps like Mint. (which is rumorred).

I've got a Windows Phone 7 smartphone (LG), so I won't be able to access any Windows Phone 8 whatsoever. Thanks, Microsoft, the next time I will need a phone (very far away in the future, that's it) I'll consider your kindness and respect for me as a long-time customer and I'll get a completely different product....

Yeah, but they're giving you 7.8. WP8 introduced a completely different kernel.

I got mine today. To be clear though, I am still an Android user. I now just have two phones to keep on me.

I like it so far, though, the marketplace is really slim pickings.

Would really love a File Manager app.

Also, I notice a ton of games that are free on Android, are pay apps on the Windows marketplace... That is a shame. But I guess I am glad I am keeping my Android as well.

I received my Nokia 920 today! I was just wondering if there was a definitive list of apps that people should download. I remember seeing on great Connectiviy Shortcut app for WP8 that allowed them to be resized to smaller icons and whatnot. Anyone using this?

goddammmiiittt why can't they have one on verizon with no contract.... ?????arrrrrg

The 920 feels very solid and looks very stylish. My Galaxy Note looked HUGE and sleek but felt cheap. Not hating on Android or Samsung - just feel that the Nokia 920 is a better phone overall.

Sorry iOS and Android users, but the Start Screen on WP8 takes it all. Highly functional, and highly glamorous. Kudos to Microsoft for such a beautiful UI.

Agreed. It's the nearly non-existent app support, poor browsing experience and poor syncing options that drove me to iOS though. Who knows I'll return if and when the platform matured.

Agreed. It's the nearly non-existent app support, poor browsing experience and poor syncing options that drove me to iOS though. Who knows I'll return if and when the platform matured.

App support will come. Just takes time.

• Like 1

Sorry iOS and Android users, but the Start Screen on WP8 takes it all. Highly functional, and highly glamorous. Kudos to Microsoft for such a beautiful UI.

Good lord, I knew who was writing that before I even looked at the username.

After being burned and left behind with WP7 and 7.5 I won't be giving Microsoft a second chance, especially with the p***poor selection of Apps available.

If you want a phone to look at and go yeah thats pretty then get WP8 phone, if you want a phone that can do more get Android or IOS.

Good lord, I knew who was writing that before I even looked at the username.

After being burned and left behind with WP7 and 7.5 I won't be giving Microsoft a second chance, especially with the p***poor selection of Apps available.

If you want a phone to look at and go yeah thats pretty then get WP8 phone, if you want a phone that can do more get Android or IOS.

Buy a tablet then? My phone is my phone. My WP7 handset does all that I need it to. Anything more and I switch to my laptop.

Proper little Microsoft apologist aren't you.

Why would I use a tablet as a mobile phone?

When the opposition has better and more varied apps it's clear that WP is the worse platform just by looking at the selection of apps available. Not only that but there are two tiers of apps now, ones that will only work on WP8 and ones that work on all, Windows will just be the same niche OS it always was on PDAs and early smartphones.

The apps argument is getting old. Ignoring the fact that WP does many of the things that require 3rd party apps on other platforms the reality is that you'll either find the app you want or a decent replacement in the WP Marketplace.

Also, comparing the number of apps on different platforms ignores the fact that WP will always have a lower count because the Marketplace isn't bloated with trial and full versions of apps. One of the benefits of the Marketplace is that developers can create one version of an app and give users the chance to try before they buy.

The app argument also typically ignores the fact that WP apps are generally of a very high quality, something that certainly can't be said of Android apps.