Burglar Mistakenly Records Crime by Using iPhone as Flashlight

Emmanuel Jerome receives 44 weeks prison sentence.

23-year-old Emmanuel Jerome was handed a lengthy prison sentence when he and some of his friends burgled a house and were subsequently caught with the thief recording the whole event.

Jerome decided to not use the lights of the house he was targeting but instead utilized his iPhone's flashlight. Unfortunately for him, he appears to have mistakenly recorded the crime through video recording.

Police searched through his iPhone for evidence and found footage of the whole burglary. Consequently, Jerome, who is said to have protested his innocence, received a 44 weeks jail sentence.

"Significantly, in my view, camera footage of the invasion of that property was captured on your mobile phone," Judge John Potter told him.

Thefts of Apple products in New York City has increased more than the overall percentage of crime committed during the past year. According to the police department, the firm's iDevices were stolen in 11,447 incidents between January 1 and September 23.

http://www.tomshardw...mera,18781.html

Well that one bright criminal there! My only question: how in the hell can you accidentally record when attempting to use the flashlight feature?

Well that one bright criminal there! My only question: how in the hell can you accidentally record when attempting to use the flashlight feature?

I think your first part answered the second part. :D

The way to turn on the flash LED on an iPhone without a third party app is to open the camera app and put it in video mode with the flash enabled. From there it's just a matter of accidentally bumping the record button.

There are apps you can download that just control the LED without taking video, but that's how you do it without an app.

I wouldn't call less than a year a lengthy prison sentence for burglary. Burglars are some of the worst criminals, and they deserve years in prison. Still, I'm happy this person was caught.

That is about as bad as a few years ago- Where there was some defacing of a Landmark , the guy claimed he was innocent - yet-

1 Videoed himself announcing he was going to do it and filmed it.

2 Filmed himself doing it

3 Video taped himself throwing the the spray paint away

4 He uploaded the video to you tube

5 Finger Prints matched his BTW

Yet he claimed he was framed and it was not him