Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b, Episode VII announced for 2015

I thought they fit within the SW universe. There were parts and characters I did not like but overall all 6 movies go together.

If this is true, I do hope they make 3 more films as I thought this was originally a 9 part story.

supposedly its the start to a new trilogy

this can't end well.

There's no way that it could get worse than Lucas' garbage.

Maybe we'll get a new PROPER Indy movie isn't of that crystal skull alien horse ****.

• Like 1

Colour me skeptical. While episode VII - IX cannot possibly be worse than the prequels, I'm not entirely sure what to expect in the sequel trilogy.

New characters: Jar Jar Mouse and Darth Goofy? I shudder at the thought.

I'll be interested to see where they go with this, as they pretty much closed off the current Star Wars story with Return Of The Jedi. And it's also nice to know that the films will be in the hands of a company who aren't known for retrospectively changing their films then lying about those changes.

Are you always negative and always in a depressed state? I have never really seen you happy in any thread. Everything okay?

• Like 2

This could be the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since George Lucas

On the other hand if Disney goes back to its roots (Tron, Dark Crystal, Black Hole) it could be good. But I think we can all say from recent experiences that is not likely to happen

Nobody knows if this is a good thing yet, but I remember as a kid in the early 80's talking about the 7,8, and 9 and I loved the idea back then.

I am hopeful, I figure that as long as they listen to the fans it might not be that bad, but we don't really know anything yet.

Meesah excited!

I got this far in the thread before I stopped reading. Everyone knows that Jar jar should have been run over by the tanks. :p

Anyway, hopefully Star Wars without Lucas will improve. The only thing that makes me wonder is the thought that - from my understanding - episodes 7, 8 and 9 were about the reforming of the republic once the Sith had been removed from power. I hope the story ends up having more action to it than just that.

this can be interesting depending how far into the future they plan this trilogies timeline, it could be the imperial remnant with some thrawn references, or it can even be a trilogy involving the vong, something which joss whedon made a comment about on facebook, imo the vong setting would be neat seeing as the characters of luke, han and leia are nowthe age the actors currently are.

Colour me skeptical. While episode VII - IX cannot possibly be worse than the prequels, I'm not entirely sure what to expect in the sequel trilogy.

New characters: Jar Jar Mouse and Darth Goofy? I shudder at the thought.

i just thought of the only good thing that will come of this merger..

StarWars in Kingdom Hearts.

this can be interesting depending how far into the future they plan this trilogies timeline, it could be the imperial remnant with some thrawn references, or it can even be a trilogy involving the vong, something which joss whedon made a comment about on facebook, imo the vong setting would be neat seeing as the characters of luke, han and leia are nowthe age the actors currently are.

they're using Lucas Story drafts for 7+, and senibly ignoring the EU, the EU is great, but it's not Canon and it's not official official Star Wars. Let EU be EU and Star Wars be Star Wars. There will be no thrawn or Vong

Best thing to happen to Star Wars. I mean really, look at The Avengers. Best movie ever, and Marvel is owned by Disney. This is a great match on both sides. It doesn't hurt than I love Disney World either, and this will probably bolster the StarWars presence in Disney Studios.

Having grown up with the originals in the theaters I'm pretty happy to read about this. Hopefully we can do without the cuteness injections that's been going on with the previous films.

On a related note, saw this over on GU Comics last night.

gu_20121030.jpg

http://gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20121030

• Like 3

He always said that the original story was for 9 movies.

Biggest lie Hollywood ever sold us!

It was written, dreamt up, invented as a story, that story was "Star Wars". The "A New Hope - Episode 4" moniker was added to a reprinted film about a month after. Lucas changed his tune and made himself seem better than he was.

• Like 2

It was written, dreamt up, invented as a story, that story was "Star Wars". The "A New Hope - Episode 4" moniker was added to a reprinted film about a month after. Lucas changed his tune and made himself seem better than he was.

This is true.

From what I've read not at this time. But you can bet they will be in time.

Actually for Indiana Jones I really hope they just leave that one alone. I'm all for "George-free" Star Wars, would love to see something a lot darker, but for Indy they're either going to have Geriatric Indy (he's 70 now, going to break a hip), The Adventures of Shaia LaBeouf, and/or somebody else entirely to play Indy.. Ford is Indy, can't see anyone else doing it. None of those sounds terribly appealing. It's an awesome series, but Crystal Skull shouldn't have been done, anything further is just going to ruin it.

This is true.

Thank you 1000 times. I knew this was true, but you try telling anyone about it and they outright accuse you of lying and not being a fan. It was added in a re-print, but still within the original release, not the 6 month later re-release.

Lucas liked the idea of a sequel obviously, and started to talk about possibilities while finishing off what became "A New Hope". But this whole "I had a story spanning 3/6/9 films" (delete as applicable based upon what Lucas is selling) mythos is entirely false!