Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b, Episode VII announced for 2015

i'm all for disney buyin them out mabyue they';ll bring new life into star wars and make some really coool stuff! ;-)

Biggest lie Hollywood ever sold us!

It was written, dreamt up, invented as a story, that story was "Star Wars". The "A New Hope - Episode 4" moniker was added to a reprinted film about a month after. Lucas changed his tune and made himself seem better than he was.

Lucas made the draft, or had the idea for a long story. basically if you've ever done any storywriting you'll know that before you do it, you write drafts and make lots of notes and place them in chronological order. giving you a very rough outline. At this point there probably was no episodes involved. This way when he makes the movie/story he has backgrounds and stuff for all the characters and know why everything is as it is and why the characters are the way they are. Then then picked the best place in this overall story that he thinks would make a good movie with a start and finish, and writes an actual script based on that.

Since he never expected Star Wars to be the success it was he didn't at this point think of sequels or anything. When it did, he realized he could realize the rest of the story as well, and slapped on a IV on it and finished the drafts for V and VI.

Anyone who's done any storywriting and created their own universe can tell you that he most certainly had drafts and ideas of what happened after the last movie

I might be the only one but indy and the crystal skull I enjoyed for what it was

Crystal skull was a good Indiana Jones movie that fit perfectly within the universe. I mean seriously, people can't complain about aliens while they celebrate a movie in the same universe about Magical god dust that shoots man eating ghosts...

Well if any company has the money and power to keep the Star Wars franchise going it's Disney, it only makes sense since Disney has already had the contract for marketing Star Wars. I think the execs @ Disney are smart enough not to mess with the current SW theme, just because they own Lucasfilm, doesn't mean they'll be mixing any current Disney characters into it. I think all their current Disney characters have their places in their own right and don't need to be mixed into anything like Star Wars. I also hope and think that they are smart enough not to add any characters like Jar Jar Binks into the scene either. I'd personally like to see a more harder edge Star wars, but I doubt that will happen, but you never know.

As long as they don't try to reboot the franchise (which is the current fad at Hollywood) I'm interested in seeing what they have planned.

Crystal skull was a good Indiana Jones movie that fit perfectly within the universe. I mean seriously, people can't complain about aliens while they celebrate a movie in the same universe about Magical god dust that shoots man eating ghosts...

Yeah! It's all fantasy really

My kids and I really enjoy some of the new Star War's Cartoon shows that have come out, like Lego Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out, Clone Wars, etc, but those are all on Cartoon Network so it will be great to see Disney do some "good" star wars shows on Disney XD which has Tron now and its really good.

No, it didn't.

The other movies dealt with myths, religion, mysticism, etc....not ****ing aliens. The actual crystal skull thing turned out to be fake anyway.

I think they are...

The 2nd one is definately a good movie. I would even say great.

The first one sadly was a 2 hours introduction sold as a real movie. It was borderline okay but there was definately not enough story for a whole movie.

The 3rd one could have been great but the last 30 minutes or so was kind of disappointing imo so i would call it at best good.

Are you always negative and always in a depressed state? I have never really seen you happy in any thread. Everything okay?

You need to read his wiki page.

No, it didn't.

The other movies dealt with myths, religion, mysticism, etc....not ****ing aliens. The actual crystal skull thing turned out to be fake anyway.

myth, religion mysticism, ancient aliens... SSDD

• 2 weeks later...