New Graphics card (PC, currently Win7)

Hi Neowin,

I'm thinking of building a new PC as mine is getting old, I already have the spec in mind, that's not what this question is about.

I was wondering.. I was going to buy an NVidia GeForce GTX680 Graphics card in the near future, once I've saved anough to build the whole thing in one go.

Possibly in the new year once all the sales start!

First Question, can anyone who has this card installed let me know what it's like on games such as (for arguement sake) World of Warcraft on full graphics settings? (this is not the only game I play but I'm assuming it'll be fine on the new Need for Speed, AC, etc...)(my current card, a GT430 cannot run that high)

And secondly, I want to make it plainly clear I'm not trolling.

I've seen on ebay, Nvidia quadro cards, and they're crazy expensive, for example, the 6000 series, what are they for?

(I'm assuming you can play games with them but at that price I cannot afford nor justify)

I'm not a computer technician, so please keep your answers simple for me to understand :)

• Like 2

Quadro card are for 3d designers and movie type work advertising they can in some places play games but the drivers are a little more tiered tword specific work they are not consumer level cards

• Like 1

I can't answer about the gtx680, but I can let you know that the quadro cards are for graphics desiging and 3d processing. They are not good for gaming as that's not what they're designed for.

^what he said

• Like 1

Quadro card are for 3d designers and movie type work advertising they can in some places play games but the drivers are a little more tiered tword specific work they are not consumer level cards

I can't answer about the gtx680, but I can let you know that the quadro cards are for graphics desiging and 3d processing. They are not good for gaming as that's not what they're designed for.

^what he said

Ok, thank you both :)

lol they were waaaaaaay out of my price range anyway

• Like 2

The 680 is the flagship card. Those games you mentioned dont require a 680.... theyre all graphically outdated. If you said you want to play Crysis 2, BF3, Metro, Batman:AC, then i'd suggest the 680.

in your case, you should look at a 660