November 2012 Desktops

Care to share some more details on what software was used for your setup? Like for the menus in the taskbar and the modded explorer.

True Launch Bar for the menus (or Free Launch Bar), and the file manager is Directory Opus, with a custom setup.

Directory Opus is not the cheapest option out there, but it is fully customizable, and has a lot of features i use, that the standard Explorer lacks.

Wallpaper

I appreciate my post is off-topic too, but I do wish that people who post their screenshots followed the guidelines set out in the first post then perhaps it would cut down the number of posts that are just asking for that information. Little bit annoying to find that there's been a new post on the thread and it just turns out to be just someone asking for the theme info and not posting a screenshot!

Hate to go off-topic again, but I just have to say that I agree. Honestly the information parts should be made mandatory and any posts not including it should be either removed or have their content edited out completely and just left with a text explaining why so people learn :p

True Launch Bar for the menus (or Free Launch Bar), and the file manager is Directory Opus, with a custom setup.

Directory Opus is not the cheapest option out there, but it is fully customizable, and has a lot of features i use, that the standard Explorer lacks.

Wallpaper

Thank you.

Weird. It would make sense to go from 1-10 and just update the hardware ratings every release.

Yea they seem to be keeping the same rating rules and just add a higher roof to allow for better hardware. I think my score actually remained the same when I updated to Windows 8 (though it did go up when I updated to Windows 7 as I had the Vista one maxed out for the most part). Might be that the don't want to make people who don't understand it that their computer got worse/slower with the update. Or they want to keep it relatively the same so that you can compare the WEI of two computers even if one is running 7 and the other 8.

What HD do you have?

My Hard Drives? The picture above in my post isn't my desktop/computer. I quoted @08993. If your wanting to know his/her HD, you might want to quote the original post. But, here you go: My WEI is 6.9 because of my OCZ drive. Everything else is 7.3.

Data: Hatachi 700GB 7200 RPM

Applications: Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM

My Hard Drives? The picture above in my post isn't my desktop/computer. I quoted @08993. If your wanting to know his/her HD, you might want to quote the original post. But, here you go: My WEI is 6.9 because of my OCZ drive. Everything else is 7.3.

Data: Hatachi 700GB 7200 RPM

Applications: Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM

Ooops oh yea, :blush:

He has Agility 3 240Gb SATA6 SSD (windows) // Raptor 600Gb SATA6 HDD (games) // Barracuda 2Tb SATA6 HDD (store)