Mark Hamill cast in 'The Secret Service'

Mark Hamill has joined the cast of comic book adaptation The Secret Service.

The Star Wars actor, whose likeness was used in the Mark Millar series, will play himself in the movie in what is likely to be a cameo role.

Millar wrote on Twitter: "I am so glad we got Mark Hamill to agree to be in Secret Service before he's whisked away for 6 years to wield a light-sabre again."

Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn is attached to the project and is said to have turned down the opportunity to helm X-Men: Days of Future Past to work on the film.

Hamill recently revealed that George Lucas told him of his play for further Star Wars films back in August, but it is yet to be confirmed whether the actor will be involved in the saga going forward.

A release date for The Secret Service is expected to be announced soon.

x

"I am so glad we got Mark Hamill to agree to be in Secret Service before he's whisked away for 6 years to wield a light-sabre again.

Wha...?

I'm not sure what to make of that...

[/b]

Wha...?

I'm not sure what to make of that...

Yeah that's why I bolded that bit, dunno what to think there...I assumed he would be in the film trilogy somewhere

They HAVE to include Mark Hamill in the next Star Wars movie; he'll be the new "Ben Kenobi" to the next young Jedi.

They HAVE to include Mark Hamill in the next Star Wars movie; he'll be the new "Ben Kenobi" to the next young Jedi.

Absolutely. It would be an utter fail without him in it.