iOS 6.0.1 is out

Enjoy

Apple have just officially flipped the switch on the release of iOS 6.0.1 update for their sixth major iteration of the iOS mobile operating system for compatible iPhone, iPod touches and iPads.

I hope it fixes the sms bugs where the whole darned thing freezes at times.. gah

Well there doesn't seem to be much of anything fixed on this update. I guess we'll have to wait for iOS 6.1 to see any serious fixes, especially to Maps.

acowxJbu.jpg

• Like 2

Changelog

• Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
  • Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
  • Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
  • Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
  • Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
  • Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
  • Fixes a Passcode Lock bug that sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
  • Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

Seems to work well on my iPhone 4S. Not sure if it made any impact on performance though.

No improvements in battery [4S]

My solution to the iPhone 4S Battery issue:

T06-41557_phgallery03_em_1554300.jpg

$24.99 at CompUSa people. Scratch Resistant. Hard Shell. 5 Stars review. Works as advertised.

My solution to the iPhone 4S Battery issue:

T06-41557_phgallery03_em_1554300.jpg

$24.99 at CompUSa people. Scratch Resistant. Hard Shell. 5 Stars review. Works as advertised.

Whats the name and brand?

My iPod Touch (4th Gen) seems much more snappier and my wifi connections are finally being remembered. I also haven't experienced the App Sore or iTunes apps crashing on me since installing the update.

I was having the issue with the app store and had the lines all on the keyboard at times on my 5.

This fixed this for me.

I've got something better than 6.0.1! I've got 6.1.0 Beta 1 (ADP Build)!

P.S. ADP = Apple Developer Program.

My iPod Touch (4th Gen) seems much more snappier and my wifi connections are finally being remembered. I also haven't experienced the App Sore or iTunes apps crashing on me since installing the update.

How does it feel compared to 5.1.1? Any idea how RAM usage compares? I'm reluctant to update as everything is fine here, but just curious.

Seems a tad smoother than 6.0. On iOS 6 the App Store app for the fourth-gen iPod touch was almost unusable. My phone's remaining on 5.1.1 until there's a newer jailbreak.

How does it feel compared to 5.1.1? Any idea how RAM usage compares? I'm reluctant to update as everything is fine here, but just curious.

It's actually quite comparable to iOS 5.1.1. It's a ton better than the vanilla iOS 6. I haven't had anything crash on me or slow down, and I'm sure iOS 6.1.0 (not to be confused with the current 6.0.1) will have a lot more fixes and improvements. If I were you, I wouldn't do the over the air update. It's one of my pet peeves---I hate updates, as it leaves a lot of leftover garbage behind with the possibility of wonky bugs, glitches and slowdowns. Download the .ipsw from a website for your particular device and do a clean install.

See this for more info: http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/23/how-to-use-ipsw-files/

You can download the current iOS 6.0.1 firmware here at the bottom: http://osxdaily.com/2010/10/25/download-iphone-firmware-ipsw/

If I were you, I wouldn't do the over the air update. It's one of my pet peeves---I hate updates, as it leaves a lot of leftover garbage behind with the possibility of wonky bugs, glitches and slowdowns. Download the .ipsw from a website for your particular device and do a clean install.

Thanks for the tip. My 4G came with 5.0.1 installed and I updated it OTA each time. I might try doing a clean install of 5.1.1 and restore from backup just to see if there's any noticable difference. Then I'll be familiar with the process if I take the plunge and go to 6.

Well, that didn't work. I made sure to download the correct version of the iPod software (build number also matched what is currently installed) but iTunes refuses to restore it. I tried the troubleshooting guide on Apple but can't see anything there I could try.

here's a snippet from the updater log:

amai: tss_submit_job: error from server=94 (This device isn't eligible for the requested build.)
[/CODE]