wireless network adapter or wireless internet connection problem in vista

Hello Helper,

I have a really hard time to connect to wireless internet. The following information regarding my computer and activity i have done in past.

Computer Model: Acer aspire 4520

Network adapter(built in) Atheros

This computer was working fine with wireless internet service with my router only. it was not working other router.

so i thought let try uninstalled wireless network adapter from hardware. currently, i had install latest driver for this adapter from manufacture site. till now, i can only able to use internet by Ethernet connection. The wireless internet connection does not work at all. This are the symptoms when i try to connect wireless internet.

1)Adapter is working fine in Device manager.

2)Adapter manual switch lite blinking but by pressing on/off it does not do any action to network status.

3) There are no property description and value under adapter property, it just blank.

4)adapter does not list under ipconfig \all command.

5)There are no network listed by clicking connect network into the network and sharing.

6) two results are in diagnose and repair (1) adapter hardware or driver issue. (2) TCP stack binding issue. (3) This adapter does set to correct IP protocol

I checked in registry under adapter GUID, looks like all sub keys are not present.

I don't have a system restore point before this problem. I tried so many experiment with individual problem but nothing change.

I also try connecting with other usb wireless network adapter, did not help same result.

So guys please help me out, I don't like to run 25 feet cable in my house.

Thank you.

Uninstall the device along with the drivers

Untitled2.png

then re-scan for hardware changes (let windows search for new drivers)

Finish installation (Restart)

Plug your WIRED internet, and do a windows update.

check the "optional" updates, as a newer version of the drivers will be there

Install, Restart. Done :)

I am not just trying to connect my router only, but i also looking for a list of other network who broadcast. I used to see almost 5 networks in my list. Now a this days nothing show in network list.

by uninstalling driver for this network adapter windows could not find driver itself without online. which i have done both ways and download driver with microsoft update and also adapter manufacture website.

I also try attaching a good working usb network adapter in this computer and it does same result.

what i have seen in registry after driver software installed is there are not sufficient sub key under network interface, which does not configure network list or ip protocol. I am just guessing. I am not sure but during troubleshooting many time looks like after installing driver software talk to winsock and gether? dll file supply complete information back how to talk this adapter with internet. There are some part missing. it might be some registry corrupted by mistake.

Thank you

Hello friends,

I really appreciate to you for follow-up this problem. "guess what"?

finally, my system is up running great. I have done so many troubleshooting point like, update adapter latest driver, check and change setting in service.exe, reset netsh and ipv4, ipv6, and winsock, ipconfig command , disabling firewall(Zone alarm) and lot more play with registry setting. The only way it works for me by uninstalled zone alarm firewall and all components, Then re-installed network adapter driver software for both built-in and usb network adapter working like a charm. It took me almost a week and i almost start to do re-install system but I have a OEM system installed. But anyway, It is a good challenging experience troubleshooting. I really don't know much detail about zone alarm firewall software but somehow there are conflict for old and new hardware or software setting.

Thanks again.