Star Wars Episode VII (Official Thread) (JJ Abrams Directs)

While we?d be immediately skeptical of any report that claims to know the plot of ?Star Wars: Episode 7,? this new report comes from respected news organization Reuters, so this isn?t some kid in his basement making up stuff on a ?Star Wars? message board. The update came in a Reuters article on the ancient Mayan city of Tikal, which was used as a filming location in the original ?Star Wars? for the rebel base Yavin. Buried towards the end is this note on the ?Star Wars: Episode 7? plot:

Yavin 4 and the rebel base return to the Star Wars plot in the forthcoming Episode 7, announced in October by the Walt Disney Co, in which Skywalker comes back to the planet to build a Jedi knight academy.

Now, just because this news was in a Reuters article doesn?t necessarily mean it?s fact. The news is reported in an article about the alleged Mayan apocalypse so?

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-episode-7-plot-details-revealed/

JJ Abrams turned down 'Star Wars Episode 7' over 'Star Trek' loyalty

The Star Trek Into Darkness helmer has revealed that he was approached early regarding Disney's sequels but wanted to remain a simple fan rather than getting involved in the filmmaking process.

"There were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan [of Star Wars], I wouldn't even want to be involved in the next version of those things," he told Empire Magazine.

"I declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them."

There has been much speculation as to who will direct the new films. Creator George Lucas has said that he doesn't "have much to do" on the new films.

"I guess the franchises could go up against each other, but I'm not thinking that far ahead!" Abrams added.

"I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi, and the idea of the world continuing is exciting and will be amazing. Kathy Kennedy is a friend and there are no smarter producers. It's in great hands."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a447223/jj-abrams-turned-down-star-wars-episode-7-over-star-trek-loyalty.html

We've already done that though. Luke turning over to the dark side would be silly. Basically you'd be taking a crap on the original trilogy itself if you pulled that off.

the only way to make it even more interesting is to name it as star wars episode 7 : The Return of Darth Plagueis

Although sidious already kill him. But he can just fake death. Since sidious already get killed by vader...

Any sequels to Star Wars should have already been done instead of milking the life out of the originals.

The only thing stopping them fatards in Hollywood from doing a 4D remake and release of the six movies is there is no 4D tech.

Reboot the series and include a story line after episode 6.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there were [much] better options out there, as I am not a fan of any of his movies (Star Trek, MI:3, Super 8 as examples ), or the show Lost. Guess we will see, but my expectations just seriously sunk. :/

Hopefully it would take place 40 years from EP VI ... With the same principal cast.. Hope no one kills Solo, as in some Expanded Universe comics.

So 40 years after EP Vi? Who wants to watch a bunch of 60 year olds fly around space?

*insert lens flare joke here* :p

Edit: ^ damn you Slarlac249!

Anyway, for some reason i'm still not convinced now that i know JJ Abrams is going to be directing the new film. I think my doubts are still about the story at the moment.

Jar Jar Abrams is so overrated.

Expect to see lens flare every time someone gets a lightsaber out.

Looks like Star Trek 3 is going to be 2017 at the earliest :/