Star Wars Episode VII (Official Thread) (JJ Abrams Directs)

Id love to see at least one film dedicated to the Sith perspective ,proper dark side ...killing jar jars by the 1000s. Make him an anti-hero , then the next film put him against the Jedi and let us make up our own minds who we wish to follow.

Never happen , but that's what I want to see.

That's quite an interesting take...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57573148/george-lucas-reveals-that-star-wars-vii-will-reunite-original-stars/

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas spilled the news that the films' original, iconic stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher "have already signed" on to return to "Star Wars: Episode VII," due out in 2015.

And there you have it folks...they are coming back!

The actual quote was referring to a time before the sale of the company was final. That said, even after the sale they had stated that he would remain around as a somewhat consultant.

He probably just has the honorary executive producer tag but I don't think he's got anything to do with the script, not with all the money Disney just dropped.

More rumours about a reunion

Let's hope not though. None of the character should look like this:

GkBx6tg.png

Leave my childhood alone, but keep in the Star Wars universe.

EDIT: God dammit, I hate Internet Explorer. It still messes things up in version 9...

Don't underestimate the power of Hollywood makeup artists and post production work.

Dwayne Johnson wants role in 'Star Wars Episode 7'

Dwayne Johnson has revealed that he is trying to secure a role in Star Wars Episode 7.

The G.I. Joe: Retaliation star said that he has been a fan of the franchise since childhood, and is planning to contact director JJ Abrams to offer his services.

"I played with two lines of action figures when I was a kid, G.I. Joe and Star Wars," he told an Australian news service.

"By the way, because we didn't have a lot of money, I used to steal them. I'd just rip open the packages and shove 'em in my pockets... like a lot of kids. I got caught a couple of times, got my ass kicked by my parents.

"When I got the call saying, 'How do you feel about becoming the leader of the G.I. Joes?' it was like if I got a call from George Lucas saying, 'I want you to be in Star Wars'. I'm gonna call J.J. and you're gonna help by printing it and I'm gonna be in Star Wars'!"

The news follows word that Johnson is also targeting a role in The Expendables 3, with the WWE star confessing that he is a friend of director Sylvester Stallone and would join the project if asked.

Based on a screenplay by Toy Story 3 scribe Michael Arndt, Star Wars Episode 7 is scheduled for release in 2015.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be in the movie if you're such a big fan. I'm much more interested in what the story will be about exactly at this point more than who will be in it.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be in the movie if you're such a big fan. I'm much more interested in what the story will be about exactly at this point more than who will be in it.

As far as I understand they are working with the story that George Lucas laid out for 7, 8 and 9.

Dwayne Johnson has revealed that he is trying to secure a role in Star Wars Episode 7.

Dewayne, you can't be in every possible movie series that gets released.

• 2 weeks later...

Harrison Ford looks too much like Leonard Nimoy on that poster though :p

• 4 weeks later...

JJ Abrams Expects John Williams to Score ?Star Wars: Episode VII?

[Michael Giacchino] is truly one of the most influential members of our crew, and I think this score, he really outdid himself. [...] Again, for Star Wars, it?s very early days, but I believe that, going forward, John Williams will be doing that film, because he was there long before I was.

http://www.slashfilm.com/jj-abrams-expects-john-williams-to-score-star-wars-episode-vii/

I'd love for Giacchino to score this and future movies. He's a fantastic composer, but John Williams is great as well.