Disney Channel Eyes 'Boy Meets World' Sequel Series

236995073.jpg

The world has met Cory Matthews ? is it time now to meet his daughter?

The Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Sources say that the cable network is trying to land original series stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to revisit their roles of sweethearts Cory and Topanga, who married before their ABC sitcom ended its seven-season run. The new series would center on their preteen daughter.

Since wrapping Boy, Savage?s TV guest-star gigs have included Bones, Chuck and Without a Trace. Fishel?s post-Boy work includes National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze and hosting Style Network?s The Dish.

x

To be fair, it's actually quite a novel idea. Enough time has passed that now they get to be the adults and usher in a new generation. I'm interested to see if this actually goes anywhere, as most of these stories fade into oblivion never to be seen again.

To be fair, it's actually quite a novel idea. Enough time has passed that now they get to be the adults and usher in a new generation. I'm interested to see if this actually goes anywhere, as most of these stories fade into oblivion never to be seen again.

yeah I think it could open the whole show up to a new generation

she's still got it...

danielle_fishel_twit_pic_17k3ewM.sized.jpg

:p

Yup, still very ****able.

BTW, believe it or not, that is 31. She looks younger. And her name is Danielle Christine Fishel for you perverts out there...

Yup, still very ****able.

BTW, believe it or not, that is 31. She looks younger. And her name is Danielle Christine Fishel for you perverts out there...

crazy I am 28 and Boy Meets World was my addiction so she kinda grew along with me :p

there are no such thing as perverts on the internet :shifty:

I think this idea is rather awesome actually! I liked the original show enough I suppose, but I'd love to see a show showing those characters now. I just hope the 1st season doesn't close out with Cory and Topanga getting a divorce or some crap like that to make it more realistic or something...

I'm fairly certain I have seen every episode of Boy Meets World. :p

I loved watching it when I was younger. This could be a good idea. Suppose we will see.

sometimes I turn it on and its still as good FEEEEEEEEENY!

They need the full cast back in or at least Feeny!

Sadly though I am worried about the story line. There was just something about the 90's shows that made them better. Todays teen shows either are too dramatic or too mtv reality esque

I'm pretty sure Feeny is about 100 years old now (maybe 90) and probably wouldn't want to do a scripted TV series at this point. :D

according to wikipedia he's 85 but I am sure he could appear once or twice

I like! Still tivo it so i can watch it when there is nothing on tv late at night. I'm fairly certain the older brother does voices for disney channel cartoons still. (kimpossible and a few others)