Nicolas Cage not appearing in 'Expendables 3' [UPDATED]

pju6bmhk.jpg

Speaking with El Pais, Stallone confirmed Cage?s casting and reiterated his desire to nab a few more names for the sequel. Here?s his translated quote:

?We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two. We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer. We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga.?

http://collider.com/expendables-3-nicolas-cage/208691/

Not going to bother with 3, not after the way Van Damme was underused in 2.

JCVD put it best: "Over so soon? I want my money's worth!"

Nope, the only thing that could get me interested in 3 would be Donnie Yen as the bad guy.

Well... I though The Expandables was about old action movie heroes/actors we loved to see in the 80/90's. I fail to see how Nicolas Cage is an action movie hero. Sad to say, but he's more a joke than a respected actor these days, ? la Keenu Reeves.

The person I look most forward to seeing in Expendables 3 is Steven Seagal.

O_o

Almost forgot they guy.Thanks for reminding me about him again. I hope you sleep well at night.

And I was like baby, baby, baby, oh

Like baby, baby, baby, no

Like baby, baby, baby, oh

I thought you'd always be mine, mine

oh god no he's more wooden then woody from toy story!

this. and if charles bronson was alive, he could be an awesome addition.

Cage was good back in the days but as of late he's done crap films, remember when he was in films like " The Rock", "Conair" "Face Off" then he failed to do anything that i would watch more then twice. So hopefully he can act again.. or maybe just do some action ;)

Deadline to let everyone know that those reports wrong. Stallone says he, ?has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3.?

So, what happened? Apparently someone pretending to be Sly posted a message on a site purporting to be a Sylvester Stallone Facebook page. The message claimed that Nicolas Cage was on board for the third installment. Lies!

Really? He was good back in the day but have you seen him now? He must weight 400 lbs.

You sure about that? I doubt he's at 400 lbs. You must be thinking someone else.

In real life, Steven Seagal is a sheriff deputy. He is not staying home 24/7 sitting on couch to gain his weight... he's always on the run... from point A to point B for movie duties, and back to his real job, and other places where he needs to go to.

He was asked to join with the Expendables team but he turned it down.