Serious Sam 3 Developer Has Serious Issues with Windows 8

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

So my point stays the same, what are the Game Studios talking about? This is a no issue

That's what I also understood the certification process was.

Seems very reasonable to me

I'll take it another step further and say that MS allows in-app purchasing, they've made a point of it in Win8 and WP8 apps now a number of times. Free apps In the MS store don't pay anything to MS though you do have that yearly fee to put them up if they're metro apps. That said, it shouldn't be hard to write a metro front end client that connects to your own "store" and then sell your desktop apps, as far as Windows 8 goes, Windows RT is a different story. Basically, EA, Valve, Amazon, and whoever else has their own store can write a metro client and just have it download desktop games like before or w/e. The OS and MS don't care. And since the clients would be free MS doesn't even get a cut other than the original fee which could be $45 for a individual or $99 for a business which, for the above mentioned companies, is pocket change.

From what I've seen there's already a kindle app in the store, and though I have a kindle device I haven't tried the app since I'd rather read on e-ink and not my LCD but I'm pretty sure it lets you buy books etc through it.

Another developer looking for some free publicity by whining on and on? Check.

I think i can probably live without any of this developers stuff any way.

- it cannot require UAC elevation to run (ie it needs to be coded decently, and not by retards)

- it needs to pass a few security checks for code and memory faults (again, good coding practices and not crap coded)

- it needs to pass checks for buffer overflow attacks (again, needs to be decently coded, notice a pattern?)

I see a pattern and i like the pattern :D

I don't understand. Do they want to make a Metro version of SS3? If so, then I'm pretty sure the company can afford the $99 yearly registration fee. If they don't want to make it a Metro game then absolutely nothing has changed. The game just won't work on ARM tablets.

I don't understand. Do they want to make a Metro version of SS3? If so, then I'm pretty sure the company can afford the $99 yearly registration fee. If they don't want to make it a Metro game then absolutely nothing has changed. The game just won't work on ARM tablets.

But don't you know MS is evil and only ever thinks of themselves and will get worse no matter what we say or do because they don't listen to anybody and C# is dead just like it has been every couple years since 2004 and....

Microsoft has taken NOTHING away. The comparisons to iOS to show the idiocy of these whining developers are 100% spot-on.

This logic flawed. Yes they have "taken nothing away", but they are clearly hedging their bets on metro for the future. Do you think win32 will be around forever? MS is moving down a very slippery slope.

MS is now only concentrating on their new "modern UI", and any apps that aren't in the MS controlled store have to be run on the "legacy desktop". The legacy desktop will probably become more and more neglected by MS. And what happens if they decide to drop the legacy in the future?

This logic flawed. Yes they have "taken nothing away", but they are clearly hedging their bets on metro for the future. Do you think win32 will be around forever? MS is moving down a very slippery slope.

MS is now only concentrating on their new "modern UI", and any apps that aren't in the MS controlled store have to be run on the "legacy desktop". The legacy desktop will probably become more and more neglected by MS. And what happens if they decide to drop the legacy in the future?

Your theory is just as flawed as mine (that they'll bring out an external WinRT installer in the future) since there's nothing to back it up.

Even if that was the plan now MS does take action on customer feedback. They can't afford to drive developers away.

All this theorizing gets a bit silly at times. Like I said, people have been saying .NET is dead since 2004 all because MS doesn't come out and deny it every time someone has a theory.