Sign in to follow this  

Windows 8 Mail - Reply bug ?

Detection    2,256

Is anyone else having this problem, on about maybe 4/10 emails, hitting reply will either bring up a popup saying the message has not finished downloading, continue/download

Or, which is the reason for this question, just completely freezes up the mail app forcing you to close it and reply to an earlier message / create a new one to that person ?

Getting pretty annoying :)

jakem1    1,610

I haven't had your specific issues but a (possibly related) issue when trying to share a web page via the Mail app. I wasn't able to select a recipient or type a message in the email and had to restart my Surface before I could do send the email successfully.

It's a shame that the Mail app was released with so many apparent bugs but hopefully they'll be sorted soon.

Detection    2,256

Think I discovered its flaw, when a conversation becomes more than a few replies long, it takes a backward attack and can no longer reply

I just tried to copy the last reply from one email, into a new email, and instead of it copying the text I highlighted, when I pressed paste, it pasted a massive chunk of exception errors, like pages and pages of it.

Robbie Ride    23

I haven't experienced the same issue as you have stated but instead I have noticed that every other email I send doesn't get received by the recipient but it is shown in the sent box, I think the Metro apps should have been properly tested as there are so many issues and missing functionality.

Detection    2,256

I haven't experienced the same issue as you have stated but instead I have noticed that every other email I send doesn't get received by the recipient but it is shown in the sent box, I think the Metro apps should have been properly tested as there are so many issues and missing functionality.

Try having a conversation with someone by just hitting reply over and over on the same email, I just started a new email off with my brother and after about 3 replies, the mail app started hanging before letting me type, then the next one froze again and I have to start a new email off

I agree though, these sort of problems should have been discovered way before now, replying to someone is kinda the way emails work !

Aletheia    16

Interesting. I do not have any problems with the mail app so far, but I mostly use Windows Live Mail, because it is more robust in features. But I noticed that my wife likes the Mail app.

Detection    2,256

Interesting. I do not have any problems with the mail app so far, but I mostly use Windows Live Mail, because it is more robust in features. But I noticed that my wife likes the Mail app.

What is the longest number of replies you have managed per email ?

Aletheia    16

What is the longest number of replies you have managed per email ?

5 replies.

Neu B    93

I have emails with up to 6 replies and never had any issues.

Detection    2,256

5 replies.

I have emails with up to 6 replies and never had any issues.

Hmm, I'm pushing it if I try for 4, 5 & 6 is 100% no

Does anyone get the message popup saying "This email has not finished downloading" when they press reply ?