Are Humans Becoming Less Intelligent ?

1) Intelligence correlates with DNA (http://articles.lati...igence-20110809)

2) High-intelligent people statistically have fewer children than less intelligent

RESULT: society becomes less intelligent.

Demographics is destiny.

Dark ages are coming not because of UFO invasion but because high intelligent people just don't have enough children.

Wake me up when its finished........no, in fact, let me sleep from this misery.

More and more young parents are so happy and quick to place a tablet/smartphone in front of a toddler, that their brains cannot form the creativity and imaginative pieces that bring on future innovation. They're taught that they have an opinion on almost every single topic, when in reality, maybe they should just get out in the yard, and play fireman for pretend, for example, rather than playing fireman on mommy or daddy's tablet. You can't invite a young mind into that kind of world, because they get stuck into a grown up world that they don't belong in. I for one, thank god that the creators of say, G.I. Joe didn't have a kindle fire/droid/iPhone in front of them. If they had, they wouldn't have been able to come up with original ideas. That's what is wrong, people turn technology over to people that are too young to form an opinion, yet when those young people DO form an opinion, they turn to "Oh, well, now that little Billy has a thought, we better be politically correct"...type of stuff. That is not reality, and I shame all young parents that refuse to actually interact with their children, and instead hand them a tablet/tv/droid/iPhone and just let that deal with them. But that's just my opinion. Don't mean to put a burr under anyone's saddle, just saying.

I'm not entirely sure humans are becoming less smart and more stupid, I'd go as far as to say, anti social, and with less public interaction, this could be considered a contributing factor in why people just blurt out the first thing that 'comes into their head'

I've noticed that since the internet, (by which I'm not a hater, I find it useful as much as the next person) grew, politeness very gradually started to decline, any by that I've seen people talking to one another in with disregard to basic tact, or any diplomacy for that matter.

• Like 1

it's just that the truly stupid are reproducing out of control. ;)

Exactly this. Natural selection has died out with these people today.

Although I don't think the average human has ever been smarter than this...