Selling iPhone 5, getting Samsung Galaxy S 3

Welcome to the Android club, where Android eats Apple for dinner. :D

I think so too but not everyone does. My wife, for example, loves her iPhone. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

I think so too but not everyone does. My wife, for example, loves her iPhone. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

My wife told me last "don't think we are going android just because you are". My wife and kids love their iPhones and iPads

since Steve has died things have slowly started to go downhill, and with them releasing new products way to fact and some without quality testing and issues arising, I just don't see them continuing to climb, but instead decline.

My thoughts exactly, I am one serious MacZealot though I shall stay on this platform due to professional commitments.

Who's going to want your second hand iPhone 5, after your filthy paws have been all over it?

Hungry iSheep

My wife told me last "don't think we are going android just because you are". My wife and kids love their iPhones and iPads

Those who don't mess around with their phones a lot love the iPhone for the smooth & refined stock experience that it offers.

There is a reason why the government ditched Blackberry over iPhone and not Android:

Security.

Sorry but Android's security sucks. I have yet to see an iPhone get infected with malware or a virus.

Actually the security of the OS is perfectly fine, it offers the same enterprise level security options as the iPhone, it's sideloading of applications and some market applications that present the problems. Nothing that couldn't be sorted by placing restrictions upon the handsets. If you're careful, you won't get infected on Android, I haven't so don't listen to all of the iScaremongering.

Who's going to want your second hand iPhone 5, after your filthy paws have been all over it?

Its funny you say that because it sold yesterday

post-119661-0-96038100-1352985202.png

So with the extra money I am thinking about going all in and getting a Nexus 7 as well.

BTW after watching the Verges review of the Nexus 4 I have definitely decided against it. After having the iPhone 4 and 4s with a glass back there is no way I want to go back to that.

Quick question. If you had every iPhone since its release at which point did you have an Android which you are now going back to?

I did something similar but started with the 3G. After having two iPhones I went to Android. Before my contract was up I ditched the Android to go back to the iPhone. For me the App's are far superior on iOS than they are on Android. If a major company releases a new App you tend to find it reaches iOS users before any other mobile OS.

I agree though, the iPhone has been boring for two years now.

• Like 1

SK[' timestamp=1352985614' post='595321904]

Quick question. If you had every iPhone since its release at which point did you have an Android which you are now going back to?

I have used iPhone since the 2g. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S 1 (Captivate) when it came out and used it for almost a year then went back to iPhone.

I wouldn't do it honestly. I'm getting really peeved with my Galaxy S3.

What issues are you having?

I am skipping both iPhone 5 and SGS3 and continue with my 4S. I may upgrade to 5S or S4 next year whichever catches my attention.

WP8 looks promising but eco system is still in infant stages.

Have you considered to look at Optimus G? I really dig its design

I looked at that phone due to it being pretty much the starting point for the Nexus 4, but again it has to many cons, including the glass back. Thanks for the suggestion though

Cons

• Wide phone
  • Camera could be better; AT&T model has an 8-megapixel camera compared to the unlocked model with a 13-megapixel shooter
  • Rear glass panel may suffer from the same breaking issues that plagued the iPhone 4, 4S if dropped
  • Can sometimes feel like it is borrowing from features of the Galaxy S III

Not really looking to buy, but just curious. Why not go for the Nexus 4 instead? Cheaper than the sgs3. Biggest benefit is immediate updates of new android versions. I had the sgs2 and it drove me insane that it took 6 months after ICS was announced for Samsung to release the update.

I gotta agree with this. The Nexus series are just absolutely amazing. I've been thinking about jumping ship too.

EDIT: I went to Google's site to price out and possibly buy but they are sold out of both models of Nexus 4. Does anyone know where else they are sold (and available)?

I gotta agree with this. The Nexus series are just absolutely amazing. I've been thinking about jumping ship too.

EDIT: I went to Google's site to price out and possibly buy but they are sold out of both models of Nexus 4. Does anyone know where else they are sold (and available)?

They are only available through the play store. Also they aren't cheaper than the S3 as I can get an S3 for $149 brand new right now.

Not sure why you updated if you had the 4s. I just ordered my iphone 5. If I do not like it I will dgrade to a nexus 4.

Not sure why you updated if you had the 4s. I just ordered my iphone 5. If I do not like it I will dgrade to a nexus 4.

They are only available through the play store. Also they aren't cheaper than the S3 as I can get an S3 for $149 brand new right now.

I don't get what you are saying. The phone is only available through their app store? Also, I never said anything about is being cheaper than the Samsung, just that I love it.

lol, the Galaxy S3 is a great phone. It's outselling the iPhone. Don't go to Apple fans for objective advice about Apple products, lol.

why do kids always think that if you have and like an iphone that you are an apple fan?

Its funny you say that because it sold yesterday

post-119661-0-96038100-1352985202.png

So with the extra money I am thinking about going all in and getting a Nexus 7 as well.

BTW after watching the Verges review of the Nexus 4 I have definitely decided against it. After having the iPhone 4 and 4s with a glass back there is no way I want to go back to that.

You convinced someone to pay 700bux for a used iPhone, soiled by your grubby fingers?

I salute you, Sir.

I am just so leary of the Nexus 4, just because its an LG, no LTE and its limited storage. I just think its not were it needs to be and just like with the Nexus 7, they will release an update soon enough that will make the 16 gig with LTE be the same price as the current 8gig model.

Yeah, I hear ya. I think it's build quality will be good enough because I think Google has a standard on their Nexus devices, but then, I've never owned one so what do I know? I saw you mention the other Optimus in a later post, and I definitely think the Nexus 4 looks far nicer than the Optimus it came from. No LTE is a little hard to swallow now that LTE is being rolled out fast. I could see them updating it soon with larger capacities, like you say, but they seemed to be pretty set on not having an LTE model since the majority of the world doesn't have LTE yet and it's meant to be one phone for the whole world rather than multiple versions like in the past. I think all of that contributes to why it's so cheap. But then again, cheap all depends on if you planned or wanted to use an upgrade, because then, like you said, other phones are far cheaper if you're fine with a contract.

So SGS3 it is? If you have any interest in custom ROMs, good news is that the SGS3 and One X both have official CM10 (and variants) support with nightlies, so that's an upgrade from the Captivate which took forever to hit CM official.

why do kids always think that if you have and like an iphone that you are an apple fan?

I'm 27 but thanks for the smug condescension. Perhaps reading the equipment that Spirit Dave owns before judging my post will save the rush of blood to your head next time ;)

Yes, not bias at all people!

No, not at all.

Because I actually recommended an Android phone... I have a few right here with me. Why, because I use certain bits of hardware as my main personal tools, do you assume that I have no interest or knowledge, or own other products?

You're the biased one or you'd not have taken the time to screenshot my post and draw all over it in a very childish manner. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is definitely a phone I would recommend against. That is based on experience, and knowledge of my subject.

Btw, I'm the senior designer on a suite of Android apps and enjoy working on the team.

I personally go where the evidence takes me. The evidence suggests that overall customer satisfaction with the SGS III is high.