Tablet insurance

just got a Nexus 7 and i want to insure it, but all the site ive found require receipts and i brought it of ebay (went round to the guys house) and paid cash

Will this stop me from getting insurance for this item?

thanks

ProtectYourBubble offer it from ?3.49 per month + ?1 for loss. Only catch is you have to pay excess of ?41.88 (12*3.49) to claim. Much cheaper than buying a new one if it gets lost IMO.

I've never personally used them however I know a few people who do and they haven't had any issues so far.

those where the first i looked at and in the FAQ's they dont cover anything brought off a auction site plus i dont have a receipt (as stated in first post)

I can't think of an insurer who would cover an item like that without a receipt, so afaik, yes it does. You could ask the guy for the receipt and some insurers will accept that (check with them though) even if you weren't the original buyer.

For what djdanster suggested... no, quote from their terms: "All items you insure must have been bought as new from a UK VAT registered company"

they guy did do me a hand written receipt but i doubt that would help, looks like im gonna have to be really careful with it then lol

I can't think of an insurer who would cover an item like that without a receipt, so afaik, yes it does. You could ask the guy for the receipt and some insurers will accept that (check with them though) even if you weren't the original buyer.

For what djdanster suggested... no, quote from their terms: "All items you insure must have been bought as new from a UK VAT registered company"

Ok, fair enough. I haven't had any experience with items purchased from ebay insuring.

they guy did do me a hand written receipt but i doubt that would help, looks like im gonna have to be really careful with it then lol

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my post; the receipt you need is the one he has from the original transaction, i.e. his receipt from when he bought it himself, not the receipt between him and you.