'Splinter Cell' movie announced, Tom Hardy to lead

Variety has now confirmed that The Dark Knight Rises' Tom Hardy has signed up to play 'Sam Fisher' in the movie. Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures, released the following statement: "Tom Hardy is currently one of the biggest talents in the film industry, and he has a phenomenal ability to take on complex and varied roles with his broad range of acting skills. His involvement in the 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' movie is exciting news for movie and video game fans alike. Meanwhile, Eric Singer is one of the most talented writers of the moment, and ... we're confident he'll bring a fresh approach and create a thrilling story ... while still respecting all the codes and traditions of the franchise that are so important to fans." With Michael Fassbender in Assassin's Creed and Tom Hardy in Splinter Cell, Ubisoft are clearly taking their adaptations VERY seriously.

Source

My only question is... will we understand anything he says? Forget TDKR, he wasn't all that understandable in Inception the first time I watched it.

My only question is... will we understand anything he says? Forget TDKR, he wasn't all that understandable in Inception the first time I watched it.

he does sound typically british which is sometimes bad

Watch him in warrior, he doesn't sound British at all in that movie, and it's a good movie as well. That said, I hope they use either the game or the first book as the basis and don't try to do something original. Either way i'm excited for this though. I've always wanted a Splinter Cell movie.

Watch him in warrior, he doesn't sound British at all in that movie, and it's a good movie as well.

Man, I didn't watch Warrior for ages because I thought, "a fighting film like Rocky, not really my thing." Boy was I wrong! It was insane!

Yep, I have no problem with Tom Hardy playing Sam Fisher. Rock on. (Y)

Listening to that, Hardy seems to enunciate amazingly well, people shouldn't have much trouble understanding him. Do we know what kind of budget Ubisoft are chucking at this thing?