Jellybean

I have probably a very dumb question. I bought my first Android device a nexus 7. It has android 4.1.2 on it. Is that jellybean or is 4.2 jellyean?

I checked for updates and it doesn't find any. So there is a 4.2 out there that I should be able to manually install or wait for it to be pushed? What's the difference between the two jellybeans?

turn off your internet

go into application

clear cache in google services framework and then force stop it

put wifi back on and then check for updates

I checked for updates and it doesn't find any. So there is a 4.2 out there that I should be able to manually install or wait for it to be pushed? What's the difference between the two jellybeans?

If you go in to apps > all and find Google Framework Services, Select that and force stop/clear data. Then go check for updates again.

Differences that I have noticed is that it now allows widgets on the lock screen and also there are two sections to the pull down from the top, left side for notifications and right side for user switching/data,wifi toggles etc.

Yes, for a while people thought 4.2 would be Key Lime Pie but it turns out that 4.2 is still JB and now KLP is expected to be 5.0

I read about what's added in 4.2 and I want it now! Since my Nexus won't get it, I want to download and install it myself. I got to the point last night of starting it in the correct mode, plugging it in, and entering the command to copy it over. Problem was, because of the mode it was in, Windows wouldn't recognize it so I couldn't copy anything to it. Is there an easier way to manually update Android? I'm totally new obviously. ;-)

I read about what's added in 4.2 and I want it now! Since my Nexus won't get it, I want to download and install it myself. I got to the point last night of starting it in the correct mode, plugging it in, and entering the command to copy it over. Problem was, because of the mode it was in, Windows wouldn't recognize it so I couldn't copy anything to it. Is there an easier way to manually update Android? I'm totally new obviously. ;-)

XDA is the best place to ask about this, here is the Nexus 7 forum, no doubt you will find your answer and more here :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1673

If you go in to apps > all and find Google Framework Services, Select that and force stop/clear data. Then go check for updates again.

Follow what AbandonedTrolley said above and it should update.

Follow what AbandonedTrolley said above and it should update.

Thanks guys I'll try this and let you know if it works.

OK I got home and turned on my n7 and it was prompting me to update so all of this was moot lol