Samsung Galaxy S

Hello everyone,

I have a question for all the custom rom developers out there.Do you think 4.2 Jellybean would run on the Samsung Galaxy S I500. I am running 4.1.2 CM10 Nightly on it now with no problems what so ever. Just whanted to see what you guys think.

Thanks Matt

Why not, if you have 4.1.2 (also JellyBean) running, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to run 4.2. You just have to wait for ROM's that use 4.2 as a base.

I have 4.1.2 on it now. But will any one develop for this almost 2 year old phone.

I don't see your logic - if someone bothered to create 4.0 and 4.1, why wouldn't they create 4.2? It doesn't have any system requirements that are above and beyond 4.1. Some old phones still have a great developer community behind them. Since you're already running CM10 nightlies, just wait for CM10.1

I just upgraded to CM10 stable JB 4.1.2, and MAN this phone is like a new phone! I'm impressed, and in love with my phone all over again! :wub:

There is no *stable* version of CM10 For the Galaxy S I500. There still on nightly builds. I just checked and theres a new JB nightly i have to install when i get home.

There is no *stable* version of CM10 For the Galaxy S I500. There still on nightly builds. I just checked and theres a new JB nightly i have to install when i get home.

Yes there is...Link It was released on 11/13, the same exact day CM10 stable was available for my Galaxy Nexus.

The GT-I9000 is the Samsung Galaxy S, and I imagine it will probably get Android 4.2. Samsung devices seem to be pretty well supported in AOSP

I am confused then. I am running the latest nightly for my fascinate from verizon. http://download.cyan...ce=fascinatemtd With is called the Samsung Galaxy S i500

Ah, ok you have the Fascinate. Not sure, that is odd. I would investigate other ROM's that are based on 4.2 over at xda or another site.

Cool atleast i know they are going to be developing for it. Cant Wait!!! The phone is not a bad phone it just lacks the ram. it only has 348 mb of ram but it still runs JB just fine.