'Hunted' Cancelled by BBC

Hunted, the struggling BBC1 Melissa George spy drama, has been put out of its misery, with no second series to be commissioned.

The BBC1 drama, which aimed to be a replacement for Spooks, has seen its average audience fall by nearly half over six episodes, with a plot that left many viewers, including BBC executives, confused.

BBC sources directly involved with commissioning the eight-part series from Kudos, the producer of Spooks, confirmed next week's eighth episode will be the last. "It hasn't found the mainstream audience it was hoped," said a BBC spokesperson.

The show's average overnight ratings have dropped from a debut of 4.5 million and a 19.3% share in early October to 2.6 million and an 11.2 share for last Thursday's sixth episode.

Last week Hunted was almost beaten by BBC2's Michael Portillo series Great Continental Railway Journeys, which averaged 2.5 million.

Source

And, knowing the BBC, although North American networks have been doing it for years now, cancelled the show that ends with a cliffhanger never to be resolved.

I quite enjoy this show, but I thought it was a one off series. I hope to hell it doesn't end in a cliff hanger.

I think the weakest thing about TV shows is trying to mold it into the one episode a week standard. It can be seriously hard to keep up & interested from week to week or it'll just be frustrating to wait a week after each cliffhanger.

Also what is BBC's obsession with shooting everything in using a blue filter?! It got old a long time ago.