We want to revamp the Subscriber Perks and we want your input!

We (the moderating team) are looking at revamping the Subscriber Perks and we are wanting some input from the general community.

These are our current Subscriptions.

We are looking for any input you may have. Is there anything we can add, take away, or enhance our current Subscription levels? For example, rename Subscriber to Supporter? The more input we get, our decisions on how to move forward with the Subscriptions will be drawn from the community.

Thank you and we look forward to your suggestions. If you have any questions that you do not want to discuss openly, please feel free to PM a Moderator or Supervisor.

News Editor's note: if there's also anything you would like to see in regards to front page/news article subscriber perks, please let us know and the news team can look into it.

1.Up the price in a combo of tshirt + sub, eg, $35 for a sub free tshirt included or whatever, just at a lower price than just getting tshirt + subs.Though shipping outside of UK and US would be expensive.

Subscribers may also want to see something in regards to the front page and news articles, so I added this:

News Editor's note: if there's also anything you would like to see in regards to front page/news article subscriber perks, please let us know and the news team can look into it.

If possible, I'd like to be able to filter out forums from appearing on mini feeds, it'd be very handy to customise that to suit our interests

Honestly I wouldn't change anything.

Perhaps subscriber only competitions (in conjunction with non-subscriber ones) but I'm happy with what subscribers are offered (that is I don't think you have anything more to offer >.<)

From a so called marketing point of view...you could hold monthly drawings for someone to win a subscription....that is, if it's in the neowin budget. Not biased in any way, never wanted to say this out loud, but since you asked...just show some incentive. Nothing has kept me hanging on to this awesome forum, except for my internet bill....and I gladly pay it every month, and visit Neowin first thing in the morning. Every day. I choose to do so out of my own pocket. Why? Mostly because I love the nature of the forums in general...but if I had a credit card, which I don't, I'd gladly subscribe every month! If you're a part of neowin in any way, shape, or form.....you're just like family to me. I just hope everyone here understands the depth that I'm coming from, and admins understand where I'm going. Incentives. That's what I think draws subscribers. :)

• Like 5

Yeah I have to admit, we've given away subscriptions every year except maybe for the past year, and many of those given away subs have resulted in a (paid) renewal. Maybe I need to do that again soon :)

• Like 2

Yeah I have to admit, we've given away subscriptions every year except maybe for the past year, and many of those given away subs have resulted in a (paid) renewal. Maybe I need to do that again soon :)

Ahhh yes, a lot of membership benefits that can't be discussed publicly :ninja: Everyone reading this, you need to buy a sub, trust me on this, use a secret account to do it if you have to.

I'd like to be able to give feedback on articles. I can make a comment which may or may not be reviewed, but as a paying member I'd like my feedback taken on board. Some of the articles I have commented on have been factually incorrect, incomplete and conversely many have been comprehensive, educational and even inspiring. It would be good if feedback from paying members was used in this way as it would improve the quality of articles and perhaps steer articles to be written that are more "interesting" to the benefit of all members.

• Like 3

I'd like to be able to give feedback on articles. I can make a comment which may or may not be reviewed, but as a paying member I'd like my feedback taken on board. Some of the articles I have commented on have been factually incorrect, incomplete and conversely many have been comprehensive, educational and even inspiring. It would be good if feedback from paying members was used in this way as it would improve the quality of articles and perhaps steer articles to be written that are more "interesting" to the benefit of all members.

I like this idea. On Slashdot they have a system where subscribers can see articles 10 minutes before they are published publicly. Would be good to get an early peek and give direct feedback to the editor before going live. It fixes two birds with one stone - more subscriber perks and better article quality.

I will renew.. it's just a long time away tho... LOL...

I like this idea. On Slashdot they have a system where subscribers can see articles 10 minutes before they are published publicly. Would be good to get an early peek and give direct feedback to the editor before going live. It fixes two birds with one stone - more subscriber perks and better article quality.

I've never been on Slashdot but that is a brilliant idea. Conveniently I work in QA and have the nickname "F7" for my ability to spot typo's and grammatical errors in record time!!

• Like 2

The 10 minute time thing isn't a bad idea..

I'm also in favour of more give-aways. I just think it's good business sense if somewhat unrelated to the topic >.<

I really like the 10 minute idea, as well as the idea of giving away a few more subscriptions to members.

Allow further profile customisations like the mods have!

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1119922-my-neowin-rating-went-from-1-star-to-2-stars/page__view__findpost__p__595324516

Extend this to backgrounds on the back of posts (like a birthday) or on mini-profile next to each post, and perhaps also enforce a 50% transparency to stop it from being overbearing.

Only thing is you would also have to add an option in the User CP to ignore others' customisations (the same as signatures can be turned off in the User CP)

I think that customisations like this are worth a TIER 3 option level. IMHO. Would cover the cost of modding the board software for it.

• Like 2

Give us banning permissions on trolls (At our discretion :p )

Oh if only! Ignore list doesn't cut it. I would even put money into a pool towards banning certain members I severely dislike (not on grounds of political opinion in RWI but purely because they constantly make stupid troll posts), but then that is a slippery slope that could just as well back fire.

Well here is my critique which is just my honest opinion.

1. Your own Neowin blog.
  2. Unlimited edit time for your topic titles & posts.
  3. Boosts PM storage to 500 messages, allows PM attachments and up to 10 participants per conversation.
  4. Removes flood control.
  5. Raises the upload limit for attachments to 4mb (per post).
  6. Includes a private & support forum.
  7. Sneak peaks and testing of new features being added to Neowin.
  8. All advertising removed professionally by Neowin.

1. Never used it and I don't think I would incase I didn't resub I lost it.
  2. I guess this is handy however I haven't noticed not having it since my sub expired
  3. I guess this is handy however I haven't noticed not having it since my sub expired
  4. I guess this is handy however I haven't noticed not having it since my sub expired
  5. I would host attachments externally
  6. This can be interesting for the special threads but the internet is a big place and I can find these elsewhere just as easy
  7. Can't say I noticed any in the year I was subbed
  8. This saves me having to get an addon.

So as you can see these are some good reasons to sub, however not good enough for me. I think other than the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting such a great site there is no other reason I can see that I would like to sub.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a good enough reason to want to but that just isn't here yet unfortunately :(

Well here is my critique which is just my honest opinion.

1. All advertising removed professionally by Neowin.

1. This saves me having to get an addon.

So as you can see these are some good reasons to sub, however not good enough for me. I think other than the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting such a great site there is no other reason I can see that I would like to sub.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a good enough reason to want to but that just isn't here yet unfortunately :(

The way I see it, advertising pays for the use of the site you visit. Either whitelist the Ads or buy a Sub (or both). You're just freeloading otherwise.