System Specs: I want to see this added to Neowin

Again guys, if it's not embedded into the post (which can be made more comfy, too... Have a checkbox for auto-filling that in) Google's gonna hate this if you know what I mean.

I'm not for this AT ALL in the way most around here deem it to be nice looking (granted) and sweet.

This is also a problem for gathering new users, as forums often curate users by Googlers having found a solution there.

If you don't find solutions, you don't find the place.

Glassed Silver:mac

If you want to display your specs, put it in your sig as I do

I also have sigs turned off but maybe would be a good option to have ignore prefs on sigs the same way they are for members posts, where you can click the link to see the post if you wish, implement that for people ignoring sigs and problem solved

There's no reason to add this as signature option. My suggestion: Add it as section to the user profile, with a link to it under the member badge (as opt-in feature).

It has nothing to do with ePeen, but with troubleshooting.

I'm sure my ePeen would look so huge with my 6-year old Dell XPS410 with my 5-year old AMD Radeon HD3850 in my sig...WOOOOO

90% of this site has nothing to do with your PC hardware, so why put it all over the place?

Also, how is it getting this info? Does it need a plugin installed to read it? In which case, no.

Don't be ridiculous. It isn't about showing off your 'epenis'. It's about making it easier for people to help each other. And to let others know what your specs are (which can come in handy for PC gaming threads). Assuming this feature is implemented, you wouldn't see it if you have signatures disabled. Ever hear the saying "out of sight, out of mind"?

I hope you intend to make it opt in.

90% of this site has nothing to do with your PC hardware, so why put it all over the place?

Also, how is it getting this info? Does it need a plugin installed to read it? In which case, no.

If this feature was implemented, then the user will have to fill out the information (regardless of where it shows up).

I hope you intend to make it opt in.

Nothing has been decided yet but it's up to the admins and developers. I'm sure it would be an opt-in feature just like the operating system or location information in your profile.