Best iPad Mini Video player?

Hi, I boughtan iPad mini. So far having come from Android devices, I can't say I'm hugely impressed, although I have yet to explore it fully. It is extremely, extremely restrictive. The whole idea of this device seems to be to try to tie you tie you into Apple goods and sevices. Android is similar, with the one small difference that with a little research, you can pretty much do anything you want with it.

However that's besides the point. I will give it a go for a week and see if there's any practical way I can use it. With no jailbreak for iOS 6 on the horizon, the prospects don't seem great though.

However among the many restrictions I have found, the inability to play multiple unconverted types of video files is something I would like to deal with ASAP. It's crazy you have to go to the hassle of converting video before you can watch them on an iPad.

So my first question is, what is the best, most flexible and least restrictive video player for iPad? Is there a consensus?

Second, I installed a Last.FM radio player on my iPad, but when I hit the home button to minimise my app so I can listen to the radio stream and get on with doing something else on my iPad. However when I do this the app simply minimises and stops playing. Amm I to understand that iPads don't allow even this kind of very simple multi-tasking? Is it either a choice of listening to internet radio *or* doing something else, like browsing the web?

For such a powerful little machine, this would seem particularly dumb, as I imagine I might fequently like to listen to music while doing other things. I'm aware that listening to music and multitasking might be possible via iTunes, but again that is just another dumb tie in. I despise iTunes and always have - and anyway how can I use itunes to listen to my favorite Last.FM, or any other internet audio stream?

Lastly what is the best file mamager/file browser for the iPad that will let me see and access the files I have stored on it easily?

I have 64GB, so presumably there should be a convenient way for me to organise, store and manage the files I have on my device.

Oh ya ita not avail. anymore tho if u still have it from the original release it works. Get flexplayer then

Sorry but i searched and that company that made flex removed the software. Is goodplayer still avail?

• 1 month later...