When was the last time you bought glasses?

A couple of years before my surgery, which was a deciding reason in doing it.

I bought my last sets( two sets one regular one with sun shade glasses) at specsavers because they where cheap. At this point I has also gotten into photography. And I would rather live without the chromatic aberration glasses gives you.

Sure had I bought glasses at a more expensive place, may e the glass wouldn't give the aberration, but no optometrist at any other store could say this for sure, in fact most didn't even know what chromatic aberration was...

Lenses with a high refractive index are recommended for people with strong prescriptions. Luckily for me, my prescription was weak enough to get lenses with a refractive index of 1.56. The lower the refractive index, the lower the chromatic aberration. If I had a strong prescription and had to choose between thick lenses/low chromatic aberration and thin lenses/high chromatic aberration... I'd most likely go for the thinner lenses.

Tomorrow :(

My last pair got stolen from the swimming pool while I was working

Who the F steals somebodies glasses

I've never heard of anyone's glasses being stolen. Most people know that it would be useless to them. I hope they weren't too expensive.

My first pair was early 2005, current pair dates back to early 2010 but I really need a new pair, they're full of scratches and it's a bit annoying.

You should get lenses with an anti-scratch coating.

I made it to 45 before I started needing them to read...so far walmart 1.5+ is doing the trick...no need to spend more than that as long as I can still spot a gnat on a dogs butt at 25 yards. I just can't see one clearly 6 inches from my face. :laugh:

I can imagine how annoying farsightedness would be. I'm nearsighted but I also have an astigmatism which makes everything slightly blurry. It's obviously worse at greater distances but it isn't bad enough for me to not see something clearly (directly in front of me). The only thing that bothers me is reading small text on a monitor. Fortunately, my glasses correct my nearsightedness as well as my astigmatism.

You should get lenses with an anti-scratch coating.

I have anti-scratch coating on my lenses, didn't help that much :p

I want Gorilla Glass/Dragontrail Glass lenses ^^

I can imagine how annoying farsightedness would be. I'm nearsighted but I also have an astigmatism which makes everything slightly blurry. It's obviously worse at greater distances but it isn't bad enough for me to not see something clearly (directly in front of me). The only thing that bothers me is reading small text on a monitor. Fortunately, my glasses correct my nearsightedness as well as my astigmatism.

Same here, my astigmatism causes me to have to wear my glasses when working on the PC sometimes. I'm at -1,25 dioptry for both eyes, -0,50 cyl something to correct my astigmatism.

• Like 1

I'm so nearsighted I need glasses for computer work and when holding my smartphone at normal distance if I don't want to squint a little to get a sharp picture.

Haha

~3 dioptry and something

I guess it was minus 3,... but I'm not certain.

Glassed Silver:ios

• 3 weeks later...

Got mines last year in October. The pair would the ones I'm wearing in the profile picture on my news poster profile. Lenses I've used for the last three or so glasses were all Transition lenses of varying strengths.

The pair before that was about 4 or 5 years old.

5 years ago, I've been trying contact lenses for the last 18 months but can't find suitable ones (either cause eye irritation, make me feel tired or don't correct sight enough) so I'll probably go back to glasses soon.