How to make PC spit out hot air?

This may be a strange request but I want my PC to get really hot to spit out hot air....

Reason? At my job I currently have a spare PC which currently I don't use for anything and the guy in front of my workplace leaves a door open and FREEZING air comes in and my feet are frozen. I almost cant feel my feet....Ive told him once, twice, etc times to close the door but nothing so....Currently (right now) this is my alternative: make the PC spit out hot air so it can warm somewhat my feet! :)

So how do we get this PC hot?

• Like 2

This may be a strange request but I want my PC to get really hot to spit out hot air....

Reason? At my job I currently have a spare PC which currently I don't use for anything and the guy in front of my workplace leaves a door open and FREEZING air comes in and my feet are frozen. I almost cant feel my feet....Ive told him once, twice, etc times to close the door but nothing so....Currently (right now) this is my alternative: make the PC spit out hot air so it can warm somewhat my feet! :)

So how do we get this PC hot?

I would speak to him about it. I'd also consider speaking to your doctor - my better looking half has similar sounding symptoms to yourself and suffers with Raynaud's Syndrome. She feels the cold even in a slight draught.

http://www.xgamingstudio.com/files/IntelBurnTest.zip

Description:

A program that simplifies the usage of Intel? Linpack. Linpack by

Intel? is an extremely stressful program that will put even the most pow-

-erful X86/X64 CPU in the world at its knees. Load temp under Linpack will

be up to 22*C higher than the competing software Prime95. This program will

make usage of Linpack easier and more practical.

Keep in mind, use this program at your own risk. By using this program, you

agree that neither I nor Intel shall be responsible for including, but not

limited to: burned up CPU, fried motherboard, spontaneous room temperature

increase, hair loss, or mental stress.

Computers are not heaters. If you're going to put a machine in a position where it's getting hot enough to keep you warm, it's probably both dangerous and inefficient compared to getting a heater. And if you don't want to risk breaking the computer then you definitely need to stop thinking about this idea.

Computers are not heaters. If you're going to put a machine in a position where it's getting hot enough to keep you warm, it's probably both dangerous and inefficient compared to getting a heater. And if you don't want to risk breaking the computer then you definitely need to stop thinking about this idea.

I know they are not heaters but we have always once in our life used something for not its intended purpose :)

Im running it now and its pretty warm and it helps somewhat....

Hmm...Maybe wrap your feet in cotton swabbing and toilet paper and light them on fire? Or you could just do as several other members have said and get off your duff and close it yourself.

• Like 3

Obviously I close it when he goes away but he opens it AGAIN.

The topic was warming the PC so it blows out hot air. The reason really should be irrelevant...

If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic, why waste time on your life posting in this thread? (No offense but) Do you guys really have nothing better to do with your lives?

Obviously I close it when he goes away but he opens it AGAIN.

The topic was warming the PC so it blows out hot air. The reason really should be irrelevant...

If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic, why waste time on your life posting in this thread? (No offense but) Do you guys really have nothing better to do with your lives?

Sorry, but it is a silly question. We strive to cool our systems down, not heat them up. To heat them up would cause damage to the system. It would make more sense in spending a few dollars, quid, yen or euro to purchase some electric heated socks. I have a few pairs of these and they are very nice.

You're just going to f*** up your computer. Don;t be so daft.

Listen to what others have said and either put some warm socks on, close the door or buy a heater. These are sensible answers, burning up and damaging your computer just to warm your feet is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Why waste money on batteries; he's got a PC down there, go for USB ;)

Be an ok idea if the OP doesn't need to get up. I'd go with the socks. I wear them hunting and they are great.

Make sure it only has on fan, the rest blocked. Make that fan blow air out at your feet. With no cool air going in it should get pretty hot with a constant benchmark test.

But seriously, no one in their right mind would go to the trouble you are going to instead of getting a heater or telling the guy whats up. Are you for real?

You could get one of those things for the door, i forget the name, but it shuts the door, shops have them.

Why risk your computer and be in worse trouble because it could end up you not having a computer and being fired :laugh: