Do I really need to buy a commercial security tool? or free ones do the sam

I am not digging, just stating you aren't as smart as you think you are or really that impressive for me to go out of my way to screw with you and you really have that tin foil hat on real tight.

Quit being an *******. You have 0 idea of the ****ing hell I have been through this last year due to companies not securing their **** properly.

When you've worked on a network with over 4,000,000 concurrent users...come back to me and then start talking ****.

In fact with that attitude I'm wondering how you got an MVC badge...oh well doesn't matter...another post of this variety and I'll just kick you on the ignore list...it's getting full quick. :p

I am not digging, just stating you aren't as smart as you think you are or really that impressive for me to go out of my way to screw with you and you really have that tin foil hat on real tight.

never said I was or wasn't an expert in the subject matter, nor was anything really questioned for me to give a response to in said subject matter. I know where I am and what I do for a living and so do my employers.

Dude, if he doesn't want to tell, then he doesn't want to tell. No need to insult him; it's his business.

• Like 2

Dude, if he doesn't want to tell, then he doesn't want to tell. No need to insult him; it's his business.

Thank You. That was my point...the fact that he's pressing so hard is a bit odd...but since I don't happen to own a tin-foil hat I'm pinning it more on him just being socially inept than actually being malicious.

Some people lol...they think they can bully info out of you by tossing out stuff anyone should know...and acting like an internet tough guy...

I have to admit today has been very amsuing. :D

Just so we're straight, I wasn't trying to bully, troll or act like a tough guy. You're just very mysterious about some things. Hey, it's entirely your right to be, I just don't see the need to post about it an draw attention to it if you, by your own admission, don't wish to talk about it.

Just so we're straight, I wasn't trying to bully, troll or act like a tough guy. You're just very mysterious about some things. Hey, it's entirely your right to be, I just don't see the need to post about it an draw attention to it if you, by your own admission, don't wish to talk about it.

I was referring to sc302. I originally just posted simply that I wouldn't discuss my setup for specific reasons.

Other folks are the ones who kept insisting on pushing it over and over again. :p

never said I was or wasn't an expert in the subject matter, nor was anything really questioned for me to give a response to in said subject matter. I know where I am and what I do for a living and so do my employers.

Well I am an SME on this subject. One of the first rules you're taught (if you're taught properly) is don't give out anything that isn't absolutely necessary. If there's not a practical need to share information on your setup...then avoid it at all costs.

I was referring to sc302. I originally just posted simply that I wouldn't discuss my setup for specific reasons.

Other folks are the ones who kept insisting on pushing it over and over again. :p

Well I am an SME on this subject. One of the first rules you're taught (if you're taught properly) is don't give out anything that isn't absolutely necessary. If there's not a practical need to share information on your setup...then avoid it at all costs.

First rule of Fight Club, we don't talk about Fight Club

or even mention it.

You mentioned that you don't give it out...you are the one who instigated a conversation on it. If you had said nothing at all, nothing would have been mentioned or commented about. You initiated a convo on being stupid, I finished it off with it having no merit to the conversation at hand and to the fact that not mentioning the marketed product you use has no bearing on security more than another product. If they are going to get in they will get in no matter what product you have in place, so you can be as secretive as you wish product has absolutely no bearing on security itself. But as a Security Expert, as you claim you are, would know this....and you would also know that security is a facade (if someone wants in bad enough they will get in, doesn't matter what you have protecting yourself).

You would be best off in that case to have a multilayered firewall, where you have a firewall on the perimeter of your network, possibly a dmz area behind that, followed by another firewall protecting your computers....possibly a third or a fourth....Perhaps layer it with different technologies, first perimerter cisco, second perimeter sonicwall, third TMG....just as an example....we can go into design as well as pitfals and configs to allow traffic to flow properly between networks in another topic (if you wanted to hit those devices on those other networks).

or even mention it.

You mentioned that you don't give it out...you are the one who instigated a conversation on it. If you had said nothing at all, nothing would have been mentioned or commented about.

Actually someone asked me about it...to which I replied that I don't give out any details.

No worries though...you made the ignore list...congrats.

For a SME on this subject and highly protective of certain information, I find it somewhat ironic that you decided to use your own name as your username. :shiftyninja:

For a SME on this subject and highly protective of certain information, I find it somewhat ironic that you decided to use your own name as your username. :shiftyninja:

I'm highly protective of certain information due to the attacks...the people doing the attacks already have my name :p

In fact thanks to some companies being careless with data a lot of stuff about me has been 'doxed'.

I'm careful...not paranoid...there is a difference...plus that's an automatic when you link into the forums via Facebook as part of the initial sign-up on accounts. It also saves me time when people can just figure out if I'm actually me from my name...as opposed to having to figure out who I am from a handle. ;)

That comes in handy in specific cases.

The company i work for still insist of renewing our clients McAfee SaaS versions and AVG Business, i literally bite my tongue every time i have to update the software on client PC's.

Stick with MSE :)

The best av in the world is common sense...