Giving up on Xbox Music App for Windows 8 and Losing confidence

Xbox music couldn't sort any of my music right so I tried Google music and besides a few low quality album art it got everything right.

The music matching service is also really crappy. When I would match album info every song would match but only half the album would actually sync.

It's a shame, as a long time Zune user I was really looking forward to Xbox music.

Resources are spread out, including cash. I realize you probably know that...but felt the need to mention it since I see that comment a lot.

Which just seems to highlight that MS is trying to do too much at once if these nominal costs are becoming so problematic. As Morgan said, whoever did the Music app should be fired. If you are going to take the risk of a radical change, you simply have to execute which means putting your resources fully behind it.

Not sure I'm following you with the references to older OS'. I'm only talking about the Xbox Music App in Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT. Does not find music in Library if it is on removable storage though Desktop environment and apps will through the Library. Also, synced Xbox playlists do not find all local files. But this I believe is because when the cloud service can't find a match, nothing is telling the app to search your music library. This occurs on Surface and Desktop with playlists created on either.

I think there's been a lot of indications on the web when searching for solutions that local file support is a work in progress, which is fine. Only they RTM'd. Given that, they are moving way too slow in getting it implemented. I feel they should be working around the clock at the MS campus to get all basic functionality implemented in all apps released to manufacturing.

When you talk about removable storage, I have 64GB microsdx card in my Surface and I have my entire non-Zune music plus all the Zune music (now converted to XBOX music) loaded there. You just have to make sure the location is added in the Music library and the XBOX music app will pick up all of it. If you enable to download of all music in the settings menu, it will download to that location as well (i have the storage card set as default). Does this help?

When you talk about removable storage, I have 64GB microsdx card in my Surface and I have my entire non-Zune music plus all the Zune music (now converted to XBOX music) loaded there. You just have to make sure the location is added in the Music library and the XBOX music app will pick up all of it. If you enable to download of all music in the settings menu, it will download to that location as well (i have the storage card set as default). Does this help?

Yeah, I have a 64G SD too. Added to library, doesn't work. Results are erratic across the board. Some people get nothing, I get it if I move from removable (this is on Surface). Desktop picks up all music locations.