What are you talking about? Metro and Stalker have only one thing in common, Horror. That's it, they shouldn't even be alike.

Not even Horror, just postnuclear environment.

I like STALKER and I like Metro books and first game part, and probably, I will like Metro Last Light....

....nahhh, I will love Last Light :D

I liked STALKER series, but I didn't like the on-rails feel of Metro 2033. I really missed the freedom of STALKER. Didn't get far in 2033. :-\

Honestly felt like a poor-man's STALKER

I'm a big fan of STALKER too (except Clear Sky), but I think you have to look at them as separate types of games. STALKER was designed to be an RPG/FPS hybrid. Lots of looting, upgrading weapons, free-roaming, etc. Metro on the other hand sort of has to be linear since it's based on the book of the same name (although I can't attest to how accurate it is, having never read it).

I thoroughly enjoyed Metro. Some of the stuff they did in it really worked as well (no health, limited time on the surface, etc). But I do see where you're coming from, after STALKER, everything seems like linear corridors!

I really wanted to like Metro 2033 because of the athmosphere and background story, but things like the enemies being heavily scripted took a lot of the fun out of the game. Eg. almost at the beginning you are riding a cart fleeing from some of those creatures, and all of them were moving exactly the same all the time, getting close to the cart through exactly the same paths with identical patterns. That felt really cheap.

It also felt very linear, which it had to be being based on a book, but there's something wrong with a linear game when you keep wishing you could just go and explore other areas (even if you had to ultimately progress through one single path). Something about feeling handheld through the game rather than the illusion of freedom where the events actually make you want to take the predefined road.

I hope this second one is better, the story has potential for a great game.

What are you talking about? Metro and Stalker have only one thing in common, Horror. That's it, they shouldn't even be alike.

Actually, it's a lot more than that. They're both set in an apocalyptic Russian wasteland; they both feature mutants; 4A Games was founded by employees that worked on STALKER.

I look both franchises but I thought Metro 2033 was a much more polished and technically competent game. STALKER had a lot of potential and character and the open nature of the gameplay was refreshing but it was very rough around the edges and the gameplay a lot less polished.

I look both franchises but I thought Metro 2033 was a much more polished and technically competent game. STALKER had a lot of potential and character and the open nature of the gameplay was refreshing but it was very rough around the edges and the gameplay a lot less polished.

Which version did you play? I played Metro 2033 on 360 & it was broken as hell.

The atmosphere was great but I didn't care at all for the story especially the supernatural/mutant stuff.

Which version did you play? I played Metro 2033 on 360 & it was broken as hell.

PC. I can't speak for other versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing. They've done a great job with the immersion. I'll have to beat Metro 2033 before playing this one. I've had it for so long and I didn't complete a single mission yet.

Amazing. They've done a great job with the immersion. I'll have to beat Metro 2033 before playing this one. I've had it for so long and I didn't complete a single mission yet.

You should! It's a wicked game. Certainly one of my favourite games of the past few years.

No one is put off by the day 1 dlc that gives such a basic feature as harder game modes?

That's not the kind of business practice gamers should support. Even if you get it free for pre ordering.

No one is put off by the day 1 dlc that gives such a basic feature as harder game modes?

That's not the kind of business practice gamers should support. Even if you get it free for pre ordering.

This is a thing? I didn't know that :(

To be fair, it's two difficulty settings beyond easy, normal, and hardcore. Also, similar DLC was released for Metro 2033. It costs 240 MS points to purchase it for the Xbox 360 version and it was free for the PC version.

The addition of the bullets in this DLC, and it being free if you pre-order, probably means they'll charge for it this time around. If that is the case, then I wouldn't mind paying $5 or less.

Fair points I guess. Just seems like eventually we'll be paying to unlock endings and whatever else and if you pre order you get it as free day 1 dlc.

This is a thing? I didn't know that :(

Yes. It's called Ranger mode or some such. Apparently the exact same thing happened with Metro 2033. I own that game and wasn't aware of it though. So I guess people don't care about it all that much.

• 3 weeks later...

Pre ordered on PC, but I agree charging extra for additional difficulty levels is dumb and morally suspect in light of consumer expectation. But with this ****ing freemium crap becoming normative, I don't know what to expect anymore.

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying it, I never finished the first one because it was so clunky. My only complaints about LL is that it seems a bit easy, even on hard. And while there are many weapons to choose from, there isn't any reason to switch around. I've been using the same three weapons I found and jave really seen no need to try any others.

But all in all, I'm definately glad I got it.

Worth a playthrough. I enjoyed playing through it, despite the flawed AI which is my biggest complain about this game.

Some parts if the metro had breathtaking visuals, Nazi concentration camp for example, while spring on the surface gave it a whole new touch and looked great.

I still need a ranger hardcore playthrough, this time going for the good ending.