I took your guys advice and bought more RAM for my 2010 Mac Mini.

It only cost me $200 from Apple.com which my $250 dollar Apple Gift Card from Poweron.com (I recently traded in my 3rd Gen IPad Wifi Only Model for a Verizon Wireless Apple IPad Mini Wifi + Cellular) fully paid for plus $37 extra still on the Gift Card (There is still Tax even if Shipping is Free). Just FYI.

P.S? As for the Solid State Hard Drive reccomendation, that is going to have to wait until after the Holiday's as I currently have a $35 dollar Activation Fee coming up for my Newly Activated Cellular Service with my Verizon Wireless Apple IPad Mini, plus I eventually have to start placing orders for Apple Gift Cards for my Brother, my 2 Cousins, and my 2 Cousins Children. If anyone has a Reccomendation on what type of Solid State Drive would run good on my Mid Year 2010 Mac Mini (the one with the 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor) please do not hesitate to reply.

Why would you ever buy RAM from Apple? They overcharge! You should've bought it from Newegg/TigerDirect/other retailer, even if you did have a gift card (which you could've used on a substantial purchase)

It only cost me $200 from Apple.com which my $250 dollar Apple Gift Card from Poweron.com (I recently traded in my 3rd Gen IPad Wifi Only Model for a Verizon Wireless Apple IPad Mini Wifi + Cellular) fully paid for plus $37 extra still on the Gift Card (There is still Tax even if Shipping is Free). Just FYI.

P.S? As for the Solid State Hard Drive reccomendation, that is going to have to wait until after the Holiday's as I currently have a $35 dollar Activation Fee coming up for my Newly Activated Cellular Service with my Verizon Wireless Apple IPad Mini, plus I eventually have to start placing orders for Apple Gift Cards for my Brother, my 2 Cousins, and my 2 Cousins Children. If anyone has a Reccomendation on what type of Solid State Drive would run good on my Mid Year 2010 Mac Mini (the one with the 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor) please do not hesitate to reply.

Bro, for $200, I hope you got 128 GB of RAM, otherwise you got ripped off. But then again, you buy Apple products, so it's all you ever know.

• Like 2

Aren't you the guy who buys lots of Apple products just for the sake of it? When someone says to get more RAM, etc. they mean buying it through a 3rd party site, not through Apple.

I checked crucial.com, you can get it for less than $45 including tax with free shipping, less if you use a coupon code.

for your SSD, DO NOT BUY FROM APPLE.

Mac Minis are the easiest Apple product to upgrade yourself.

Get yourself an Intel SSD, they are very reliable. Avoid OCZ.

Excuse me but I wanted to make sure that I did NOT VOID my Warranty by putting NON-APPLE-APPROVED-MEMORY in to this Mac. After all I still have an EXTENDED WARRANTY with my APPLE CARE AGREEMENT that goes until November 2013! So shut the blank-et-e-blank Up! Just FYI! Thread Closed.

I don't know about the US, but in the UK the Apple Care agreement says that the RAM is "Customer Upgradeable" and doesn't void your warranty. :/

Did you not even research before spending $200 unnecessarily?

Excuse me but I wanted to make sure that I did NOT VOID my Warranty by putting NON-APPLE-APPROVED-MEMORY in to this Mac. After all I still have an EXTENDED WARRANTY with my APPLE CARE AGREEMENT that goes until November 2013! So shut the blank-et-e-blank Up! Just FYI! Thread Closed.

Huh...seems it's not closed...btw you won't void your warranty at all on the machine. You are allowed to swap out the simple components on a machine as long as they are user accesible and you use memory that is compatible.

Perhaps in the future learn from the experience instead of getting angry at them?

oh and I will indeed be ordering my SSD from Apple.com by the way! Just FYI! Thread Remains Closed!

I don't know about the US, but in the UK the Apple Care agreement says that the RAM is "Customer Upgradeable" and doesn't void your warranty. :/

Did you not even research before spending $200 unnecessarily?

Ouch!! Lol that's have to be a kick in the head

Well, from a quick Google search, you could've upgraded the RAM yourself (aka bought it on newegg or another place, and installed it yourself) and still be covered under AppleCare. Or, if you really wanted to, install it, and then remove it if you had to send it in for repairs or replacement... You just chose a very expensive option, but regardless, enjoy your RAM.

buying non apple approved ram does NOT void your warranty

I've had my mac repaired just fine using my warranty with the custom ram inside

oh and I will indeed be ordering my SSD from Apple.com by the way! Just FYI! Thread Remains Closed!

Cool, at the end of the day it's your money quite literally going down the drain!

However, when you grow some common sense feel free to mosey on by to your online retailer for IT goodies and save and spend money on a good SSD the sensible way! :D

I really don't understand how people can spend so much money on something that you can get better for cheaper? Is it because its approved by apple? It's no wonder apple has so much money, they just continue to rip people off.

• Like 2

why would I spend $100 from Newegg when I would not know for sure if I was buying the correct type of Ram or NOT? I

Thats why you do research before buying something. besides apple doesnt manufacture their ram!

Most

If your preference is for drooling over iStuff over receiving actual advice you're probably on the wrong website. Perhaps macrumours would be more up your street.

Not even the general population at Macrumors would suggest buying memory from Apple.