Syfy looking to remake 'Waterworld'

pjrl47fw.jpg

Syfy may be planning a return to Waterworld, as either a big screen remake or an ongoing television series. Forbes has the story, saying that the network has been attempting to negotiate rights to the property from Universal Pictures and that a deal is closer than ever to going through.

Released in 1995, the Kevin Reynolds film starred Kevin Costner, Dennis Hopper and Jeanne Tripplehorn as survivors of a post-apocalyptic Earth wherein the polar caps have completely melted, flooding the entire planet. The Mariner (Costner) winds up becoming involved in a fight for the life of a young orphan girl whose tattooed back may hold the secret to the legendary Dryland.

Although the film was famously a box office disaster, Syfy would plan their own version with a diminished budget, either as a part of its plans for ongoing theatrical releases or as an ongoing television series, similar to what was done with the Stargate franchise.

Source

I just threw up a little in my mouth. Some things are best left buried. This movie deserves a continued burial, please Syfy, don't dig it back up! :angry:

I just threw up a little in my mouth. Some things are best left buried. This movie deserves a continued burial, please Syfy, don't dig it back up! :angry:

The movie was terrible.

The concept is interesting though. If the only thing they keep from the movie is the idea that the world has been totally flooded, it could be great depending in what they actually do with the plot and characters.

The concept is interesting though. If the only thing they keep from the movie is the idea that the world has been totally flooded, it could be great depending in what they actually do with the plot and characters.

Yeah the whole end of the world by flood concept is cool