The new Batman may be....

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who as John Robin Blake in The Dark Knight Rises took on an un-uniformed "Robin" role - then it goes into spoilerville so suffice it to say that Blake's backstory mirrors that of Dick Grayson/Nightwing who takes over after Bruce Wayne hangs up the cowl after Batman: Knightfall (which TDKR takes cues from).

Will Warner Bros. turn The Batman into a superhero Dread Pirate Roberts? Time will tell.

http://www.examiner.com/article/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-play-batman-justice-league

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play Batman in 'Justice League'

Drew McWeeny delivered an exclusive on his site HitFix on Nov. 26 and reported that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will take on the role of Batman in the new "Justice League" movie. The word from his source is that JGL will "absolutely" play Batman in the movie.

"Justice League" is the DC Comics tentpole movie that Warner Bros. hopes will be their "Avengers." The team consists of some of the world's most famous heroes, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Aquaman.

The word is that there might be something thrown into "Man of Steel," the new Superman movie, that will have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's appearance as Batman foreshadowed. This news could also mean that Henry Cavill could reprise his role as Superman in the "Justice League" movie as well.

McWeeny also reports that one other character from the "Dark Knight" trilogy is in talks to do something as well. One of the most discussed additions is Gary Oldman as James Gordon, although Michael Caine as Alfred is a more realistic possibility. Don't forget about Morgan Freeman to help John Blake build his new toys or maybe even the return of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne himself as a mentor character.

• Like 1

Except for Adam West NO ONE who has played Batman is as tall as the character is supposed to be: 6' 2".

JG-L's 5' 10" (same as Michael Keaton) vs. Kilmer & Bale's 6' 0" and Clooney's 5' 11", and as Bale's transformation between The Machinist and Batman Begins proved muscle mass can go on fast.

This is fantastic news i thought the way the new batman films were done really well. I like that the three films have brought this batman to an end, a lot of the super hero movies have problems going past the third film. The links to robin were good as i thought that JGL is a good actor and will bring a lot to it, making this into an adventures type thing as well would be the icing on the cake, however i hope that JGL as batman gets his own film before the 'avengers' film to establish him as the batman, trying to crowbar that into the avengers film might be a little too much story wise.

ugh... I can't imagine Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Batman being anything other than stupid. Not to mention the whole "Robin" part TDKR was ridiculous.... along with most of the film.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who as John Robin Blake in The Dark Knight Rises took on an un-uniformed "Robin" role - then it goes into spoilerville so suffice it to say that Blake's backstory mirrors that of Dick Grayson/Nightwing who takes over after Bruce Wayne hangs up the cowl after Batman: Knightfall (which TDKR takes cues from).

That's not correct, it was a different character who took over as Batman.

Bale's transformation between The Machinist and Batman Begins proved muscle mass can go on fast.

Not really. Gaining muscle is naturally slow. It takes a year of harcore nutrition & the correct workouts to put on 15?20 Ibs of muscle.

Not really. Gaining muscle is naturally slow. It takes a year of harcore nutrition & the correct workouts to put on 15?20 Ibs of muscle.

Bale had to pack on 100lbs to play Bruce Wayne/Batman after he had dropped over 60lbs for the movie 'The Machinist'.

He had 5 months to complete the task...and 80lbs of that was muscle. He completed the task with time to spare.

Now you are both right and wrong on the Knightfall part. As part of Knightfall/KnightsEnd Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael takes over. However when Bruce comes back he does hand the mantle over to Dick for a while. That's because he's still not fully back into his usual form...and needs someone who can keep things going while he finishes his recovery.

Bale had to pack on 100lbs to play Bruce Wayne/Batman after he had dropped over 60lbs for the movie 'The Machinist'.

He had 5 months to complete the task...and 80lbs of that was muscle. He completed the task with time to spare.

That was an impressive achievement - he was literally skin and bones in 'The Machinist' (which was a terrific movie)...it's incredible to think that the same actor starred in 'Batman Begins' just a year or so later.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt 'Justice League' Batman rumours 'entirely false'

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will not star as Batman in the Justice League movie, it has been asserted.

Reps for the actor declared the rumour to be "entirely false" according to Entertainment Weekly.

It had been claimed that the Looper star had been lined up to play the Caped Crusader following his supporting role in The Dark Knight Rises.

Gordon-Levitt previously told Digital Spy that he liked the fact that Christopher Nolan's franchise offered a complete and enclosed trilogy with "a very satisfying end".

That was an impressive achievement - he was literally skin and bones in 'The Machinist' (which was a terrific movie)...it's incredible to think that the same actor starred in 'Batman Begins' just a year or so later.

Indeed. It takes a lot to unnerve me...but his performance in 'The Machinist' certainly did it. It might be due to my recurring insomnia...but man...it messed with me.

That is just not naturally possible, not at all. 80Ibs of muscle is HUGE amount. You wouldn't get that in 5 years of hardcore workouts & nutrition.

Bale also didn't look like he was on steriods. More reastically he probably gained 8?10Ibs of muscle.

Now you are both right and wrong on the Knightfall part. As part of Knightfall/KnightsEnd Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael takes over. However when Bruce comes back he does hand the mantle over to Dick for a while. That's because he's still not fully back into his usual form...and needs someone who can keep things going while he finishes his recovery.

Damn, I don't remeber that at all. Though I haven't read it since the 90's.

That is just not naturally possible, not at all. 80Ibs of muscle is HUGE amount. You wouldn't get that in 5 years of hardcore workouts & nutrition.

Bale also didn't look like he was on steriods. More reastically he probably gained 8?10Ibs of muscle.

Damn, I don't remeber that at all. Though I haven't read it since the 90's.

Actually it is possible. He filmed 'The Machinist' while weighing 120lbs after a weight loss of 63lbs for the role.

He had 5 months after filming finished at that 120lbs to get up to the 220lb weight required for Batman Begins.

You don't have to take my word for it:

Christian Bale's physique in this Batman revamp may not be the most spectacular on the list, but consider this ? six months before playing the caped crusader, Bale weighed 120 pounds. Taking a page out of Robert De Niro's playbook, the Welsh actor had dropped over 60 pounds (mostly through a steady diet of coffee and apples) for his role as an emaciated insomniac in the psychological thriller The Machinist. When he landed the lead in Batman Begins, Bale only had half a year to get in shape. Wasting no time, Bale started a high protein diet while utilizing heavy core training, plyometrics and resistance training. By the time cameras were ready to roll, Bale had packed on 100 solid pounds. Ironically, director Christopher Nolan felt Bale had gotten too bulky and ordered him to drop 20 pounds.

&

Due to his part in The Machinist (aka The Machinist), Christian Bale was vastly underweight (about 120 pounds on his 6 foot+ frame) when he was under consideration for the part. After being cast, he was told to become as "big as you could be" by Christopher Nolan. Bale underwent a dietary and exercise regimen and ending up weighing about 220 pounds

Why can't they just leave well enough alone?

leave what alone? did you think they would stop making batman films after the nolan ones?

I agree :/

meh... give him a chance rappy, they were going to reboot batman anyways. you said the same about chris evans as captain and id say that turned out pretty good.

meh... give him a chance rappy, they were going to reboot batman anyways. you said the same about chris evans as captain and id say that turned out pretty good.

:rofl: I love how you pick my comment out, past track record with the Cap :p I wouldn't say it turned out well from my pov weakest part of the avengers but yeah Box Office wise yeah it did turn out well

I don't see a Justice League movie ever happening and if it does it won't be done how it should really be done...DC are so behind Marvel in terms of Superhero movies

:rofl: I love how you pick my comment out, past track record with the Cap :p I wouldn't say it turned out well from my pov weakest part of the avengers but yeah Box Office wise yeah it did turn out well

I don't see a Justice League movie ever happening and if it does it won't be done how it should really be done...DC are so behind Marvel in terms of Superhero movies

i don't think any justice movie will top the avengers tbh. heck im not even excited about the superman reboot as of yet and im about the biggest man of steel fan out there. DC has alot of catching up to do.

Actually it is possible. He filmed 'The Machinist' while weighing 120lbs after a weight loss of 63lbs for the role.

He had 5 months after filming finished at that 120lbs to get up to the 220lb weight required for Batman Begins.

You don't have to take my word for it:

&

It doesn say anything about gaining 80Ibs of muscle. Even it did it's still nonsense. It can't happen; it's biologically impossible without steriods.... even then, I don't know how possible it would be without severe health implications.

It doesn say anything about gaining 80Ibs of muscle. Even it did it's still nonsense. It can't happen; it's biologically impossible without steriods.... even then, I don't know how possible it would be without severe health implications.

*sighs*

Ok you know better than everyone. Where'd you study for your degree in nutrition?

By the end of the last batman movie, I would of guessed they would go for Batman Beyond type of thing. And he fits perfectly for the part.

I agree, I would like another movie by maybe an upcoming director giving it a go in the same universe