Windows 7 64-Bit or Windows 8 64-Bit For Gaming

One day, I will get new computer with Windows 7 64-bit with 8GB RAM memory, so I can play star wars: the old republic often. :-) Windows Vista has problem with Star Wars and it crashed often.

Did WIN8 resolve the issue with the hot corners on games outside of metro?

Yes, thankfully that issue was fixed prior to its release. That was a highly aggravating bug during beta.

Very little in it. I personally think the drivers for 7 are still a bit more stable at this moment in time but 8 will get there soon enough. As both are about equal for gaming, decide which feature set and UI you prefer and decide accordingly.

They might be equal for gaming now, but there are going to be WinRT games coming out that you can't play on 7.

Not much to speak of yet, but Skulls of the Shogun looks interesting.

If now is all you're concerned about, 7 works.

I think Windows 7 is better for gaming. All the games seem to be more more optimized for it, while alot of developers are completely either bypassing it or refusing to release games for it.

I know that alot of indie game developers for example have flat out refused to make any games for Windows 8 because in their words "Its complete crap".

I would wait until Windows 9, or at the very least, Windows 8.1 or something. Let Microsoft fix the mess that is the current version and developers may release some games for it that are actually optimised to take advantage of the Windows 8 backend.

Yes, I don't remember seeing any games with a 'made for Windows 8' sticker on them yet.

Correct me if im wrong thou.

Yes, I don't remember seeing any games with a 'made for Windows 8' sticker on them yet.

Correct me if im wrong thou.

They don't have to have one. It's compatible with pretty much everything 7 is (though not entirely yet, which might be a driver thing.)

Comes down to user preference really. Though I must add that in Windows 8 the DWM is never disabled so I'm not sure how older games that require DWM disabled will behave.

Can't say I noticed anything out of the ordinary going from Windows 7 to 8. Nothing compared to going from XP to Vista back in the day - clearly back then due to the driver model change there was a noticeable difference.

... while alot of developers are completely either bypassing it or refusing to release games for it.

I know that alot of indie game developers for example have flat out refused to make any games for Windows 8 because in their words "Its complete crap".

That really translates to them refusing to write WinRT games. Which is fine. Unless of course they meant putting in some version check to prevent their games running on Windows 8 for strange political reasons - and even then it's easy to bypass that check with compatibility settings.

I was just playing diablo 1 and 2 on my windows 8

fallout games play fine for me too

also windows 8 doesnt have the color problem like windows 7 did with old games

• Like 1