New Vegas Ultimate Edition issues (Vanilla)

So I've been playing New Vegas under Win8 x64 with no problems till yesterday. I have an nVidia 550ti and I have the newest drivers for it. Had the newest drivers since they came out and never had the issues I'm having now.

Anyways, I have always played on ultra with no issues. Yesterday the game started stuttering and freezing really bad. So I lowered the rez to high and it will play fine for a few minutes then start stuttering and freezing again. So again I lowered the rez to medium and the same thing occurs after a few minutes. I even had Steam verify the files. It reacquired 2 files. I loaded up the game last night before I went to bedd and of course after a few moments, the issues return.

I then had Steam remove the local files and uninstalled Steam. I deleted a few other files associated with Steam and New Vegas, ran Ccleaner, defragged, reinstalled Steam and had Steam install New Vegas. I get up this morning, run Ccleaner and defragged. I then started up New Vegas via Steam and the game was set to ultra again. I play for a few minutes and the issues return. I try it on all rez settings and still the issues persist, even on low.

I am at my wits end over this. Any help would be awesome. Before I forget: Skyrim and Fallout 3 do not have these issues. Only New Vegas.

Load Order:

[X] FalloutNV.esm

[X] DeadMoney.esm

[X] OldWorldBlues.esm

[X] HonestHearts.esm

[X] LonesomeRoad.esm

[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm

[X] CaravanPack.esm

[X] ClassicPack.esm

[X] MercenaryPack.esm

[X] TribalPack.esm

Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

Just checked and memory usage is nominal. Less then 2gigs. But if it was a memory leak, wouldn't the other games be affected?

I can't believe I am having probs with just NV through Steam. Skyrim and FO3 work fine under Win8 But NV doesn't? Steam Support refuses to give me any support for Win8. Period. Going back to Win7. Might be better off iconwinkjw1.gifing the damn thing. I'm on my own with Win8 anyways.

I don't know about New Vegas as I don't have it but I know for a fact this is the case with Fallout 3. It will crash it it starts using more than 1.5gb of ram. They fixed this issue in their engine in Skyrim after it was released. Try the 4gb enabler for New Vegas:

http://newvegas.nexu....com/mods/35262

Failing that, there is also an issue with fallout 3 and multicore support, which again I'm not sure if this problem was fixed in new vegas. Try some of the ini tweeks posted on this forum for multicore support:

http://www.neoseeker...pc-tweak-guide/

I don't know about New Vegas as I don't have it but I know for a fact this is the case with Fallout 3. It will crash it it starts using more than 1.5gb of ram. They fixed this issue in their engine in Skyrim after it was released. Try the 4gb enabler for New Vegas:

http://newvegas.nexu....com/mods/35262

Failing that, there is also an issue with fallout 3 and multicore support, which again I'm not sure if this problem was fixed in new vegas. Try some of the ini tweeks posted on this forum for multicore support:

http://www.neoseeker...pc-tweak-guide/

I was using the 4gb enabler for it. FO3 and Skyrim works very well. No issues. NV just started doing this and I have no clue why. I was actually surprised I got a response from Steam Support as quick as I did. Even though they will not provide support.

Well those are the only two things I could think of that would be causing an issue for a fresh installation of the game. The only other thing I think you can do if you're not using other addons is to disable the dlcs one by one and see if one of them is causing a conflict for some reason.

If that's not the case then it might be time to start looking into issues with drivers and/or hardware.

Well those are the only two things I could think of that would be causing an issue for a fresh installation of the game. The only other thing I think you can do if you're not using other addons is to disable the dlcs one by one and see if one of them is causing a conflict for some reason.

If that's not the case then it might be time to start looking into issues with drivers and/or hardware.

It isn't a fresh installation. I just don't use mods anymore. Also, if it was hardware or drivers, my other games would not work either.