Are you using the new MySpace?

Hey :D

I just got my invite to the new MySpace today, and I've got to say I'm impressed. Are any of you on it? IMO, I'm glad that they decided to focus on music discovery and they sped it up a lot. I could definitely see myself using it over Grooveshark, and probably a replacement for Xbox Music when I'm on my laptop.

Your thoughts?

http://new.myspace.com/matthewthepc

"Your browser is currently not supported." All I need to know.

LOL, what are you using? It's working in IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari right now for me

I got the browser error too. It is pathetic that Internet Explorer 9/10 are not supported. This could be the nail in the coffin for Myspace.

"Your browser is currently not supported." All I need to know.

Works fine on the current Firefox and Chrome, and IE10...

Edit: I'm using IE 10 on an old virtualised copy of Windows 8 Release Preview, and it seems to work fine (i.e. it shows the record animation thing, I don't have an account to try logging in)

rjMDE.png

Works fine on the current Firefox and Chrome, and IE10...

Edit: I'm using IE 10 on an old virtualised copy of Windows 8 Release Preview, and it seems to work fine (i.e. it shows the record animation thing, I don't have an account to try logging in)

<image>

Yeah, I've tried it on Chrome and IE10 (latest versions of both) running in Windows 8 and it works like a charm. The website itself says it supports Firefox, Chrome, and Safari (but I've not tested them)

I wonder why they are continuing to use the name Myspace...if it were me I would have moved well away from that name by now. With the original Myspace ending as a graveyard of a community, and the revamp not exactly capturing the imaginations of the user, the decision to try again rather than just creating a new site with a new, unassociated name surprises me.

To answer the question, no I'm not. And for the reasons I just stated I probably won't.

I wonder why they are continuing to use the name Myspace...if it were me I would have moved well away from that name by now. With the original Myspace ending as a graveyard of a community, and the revamp not exactly capturing the imaginations of the user, the decision to try again rather than just creating a new site with a new, unassociated name surprises me.

To answer the question, no I'm not. And for the reasons I just stated I probably won't.

Agreed, they should have done something along the lines of Microsoft's Outlook.com rebranding - just start completely over.

• Like 2

I'm not going to lie, I would like that UI (minus the music bar on the bottom) on Windows 8's People app under the "What's New" section and/or a Facebook app.

new-myspace-ui.png

The-New-Myspace-interface.jpg

MySpace sounds like a good idea for a self storage facility!

Good idea let me register the domain ..

Damn! Taken!!

• Like 1

MySpace sounds like a good idea for a self storage facility!

Good idea let me register the domain ..

Damn! Taken!!

try facebook.com or bebo.com

try facebook.com or bebo.com

both taken too.... guess I'll have to rethink my business strategy :(