Brad Pitt Up For David Fincher's '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'

jMMXh.jpg

About a month ago Fincher said he wanted to cast Pitt in his feature film adaptation of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. He wants him to take on the role of sailor and master harpooner Ned Land. This is the same character played by Kirk Douglas in the original 1954 film.

Pitt is currently out making the press rounds for his new hitman mob film Killing Them Softly. He was asked by MTV about Fincher's project and if he'd be interested in doing it, this was his response...

I?d love to. I mean, he?s my man. He?s got a great take on it. That?s just gonna be about schedule and time allocation, but he?s my man.

Fincher is the man, and if Pitt takes on the role it would be his fourth movie with Fincher. They've previously wroked together on Se7en, Fight Club and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button. I hope Pitt does end up starring in the film

I've been saying for years now that Hollywood has no damned creativity left, and then I see this off the front page and it's just confirmation of my beliefs. Fincher? He's considered a Hollywood heavyweight, especially after "The Social Network," and Pitt as well for a variety of great films, but yet another retelling of a classic albeit somewhat boring and most certainly overly done tale? There's like 10 versions of this movie already since the original. I mean...

Really?