Seth MacFarlane: 'Family Guy movie will happen'

Seth MacFarlane has revealed that a Family Guy movie will definitely be produced in the future.

The Family Guy creator told UCLA students this week that he already has an idea in mind for a potential big screen spinoff for the Griffins, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"It's just a matter of when," MacFarlane disclosed. "It's hard to do that while you have the series going on at the same time; I think that's why it took The Simpsons 20 seasons to figure out how to do it."

MacFarlane went on to say that he wants a Family Guy film to differ from 2007's The Simpsons Movie, which centred on Bart trying to stop a maniacal environmentalist from destroying Springfield.

"We do know what the Family Guy movie will be," he explained. "The Simpsons Movie, I thought, was hilarious, but the one criticism I would have is that it's a story they probably could've done on TV. There could've been an episode that had that plotline."

He continued: "That's the challenge with animation. You pretty much can do any story you want, so what is the reason for the movie? We finally hit on the answer to that question, and it will be something that would be impossible to do on TV."

MacFarlane declined to reveal any concrete details about the Family Guy film's storyline.

Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Mila Kunis and MacFarlane are among the voice cast for Family Guy, which has run for more than 190 episodes on Fox.

Source

I think it's actually one of the more clever shows on TV...but most people don't see the actual high-level humor in it most of the time. They just see the low-brow stuff and sort of move on.

They already had one "movie", but I guess this sounds like it's supposed to be much larger scale. I guess the other one would be considered a long episode dvd release? I've always enjoyed Family Guy, but I don't really keep up anymore. I've still got the episodes saved though. They are good for those rainy days when there's nothing else to watch. Right now my focus is on catching up on Breaking Bad though. Just started season 3 and I love it!

They already had one "movie", but I guess this sounds like it's supposed to be much larger scale. I guess the other one would be considered a long episode dvd release? I've always enjoyed Family Guy, but I don't really keep up anymore. I've still got the episodes saved though. They are good for those rainy days when there's nothing else to watch. Right now my focus is on catching up on Breaking Bad though. Just started season 3 and I love it!

Ya it was, shortly after it was aired as 3 episodes on tv. Just like the starwars ones. I think seth wants to do a real movie and im willing to bet it will have swearing and more adult themes that the tv network would otherwise cut out. Maybe Herbert will finally get laid.

Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story was always meant to be a longer form episode chopped into their own separate episodes at a later point.

It wasn't really a movie per se, more of a project that they knew they would get more out of later on when it appeared on TV as 3 separate episodes with things changed around and such.

It's similar to what they did with the Star Wars episodes. Longer DVD versions, shortened TV versions to be aired at a later date.

I'm guessing since he's the highest paid tv writer / producer there's a lot of people that aren't tired of him. He's like the Microsoft of tv writers. You can hate all you want but he's on top so who cares.

I'm guessing since he's the highest paid tv writer / producer there's a lot of people that aren't tired of him. He's like the Microsoft of tv writers. You can hate all you want but he's on top so who cares.

Pretty much this. I think part of it is that he's so involved and has fun doing what he does. Sort of like the reason South Park is still funny.

I love that South Park is also sort of a madhouse when it comes to how they plan, write, animate, and air the shows. They are literally doing things up to the wire to make sure that they produce a show that is entirely relevant to recent events at times. It's amazing to watch the '6 Days to Air' documentary.

So by expressing my opinion I'm suddenly a hater.

Nice.

:|

So by expressing my opinion I'm suddenly a hater.

Nice.

:|

Um, you actually use the word "hate" in your signature...just sayin...

And yes; I am aware that your signature has nothing to do with this post.

Um, you actually use the word "hate" in your signature...just sayin...

And yes; I am aware that your signature has nothing to do with this post.

Your post has nothing to do with this thread.

well they did call you a hater basically, and you have the word hate in your sig so obviously 2 + 1 = 4

How bout this? Haters feel the need to let everyone know of their hate of XX person or show, the people that dislike it just move on without posting, most will read only the title before moving on, haters have to come in and instigate

Stopped watching Family Guy last season, and haven't watched any of the current season. Loved the show before everyone jumped on the bandwagon before it was canceled. Same recycled stuff being used and it just became obnoxious.

Still love American Dad though!

How bout this? Haters feel the need to let everyone know of their hate of XX person or show, the people that dislike it just move on without posting, most will read only the title before moving on, haters have to come in and instigate

haters gonna hate :rofl:

The most recent episode of Family Guy was really funny (season 11 episode 6 - "Lois Comes Out of Her Shell").

The fight Stewie had with the turtle cracked me up.

:rofl:

I don't think I've seen a Family Guy movie since 2009 ("Something Something Something Darkside"). Is that the most recent one?

I still enjoy Family Guy and South Park, but I have to admit they don't seem as funny as they used to be, although the last FG episode was one of the best they've done in a long time. I love South Park's writers for the simple reason that absolutely nobody is above being mocked.

The most recent episode of Family Guy was really funny (season 11 episode 6 - "Lois Comes Out of Her Shell").

The fight Stewie had with the turtle cracked me up.

:rofl:

that episode was one of the best in a LONG time. hilarious!

as a long time fan of Family Guy, i'll admit that the past few seasons havent been as funny as the originals. i loved how random FG was in the past: jokes inserted for no reason, but are hilarious additions.

that episode was one of the best in a LONG time. hilarious!

as a long time fan of Family Guy, i'll admit that the past few seasons havent been as funny as the originals. i loved how random FG was in the past: jokes inserted for no reason, but are hilarious additions.

ladies and gentlemen.. Mr. Conway Twitty