Anyone still "BSOD-free" using Windows XP?

Have you experienced the "Blue Screen of Death"  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced the "Blue Screen of Death"

• No, none so far - WooHoo!
    • Yes, one or two
    • Yes, several
    • Yes, this is worse than WinMe!

i get almost daily bsods but its because of a driver problem... i think i got it nailed down now, but other than that its rock solid despite all the sh-tuff i put on it...

For the most part they are gone; I can only think of twice it has happened. Once when I updated alcohol 120% and enabled the virtual drives it blue screened on me, to make matters worse I could not even boot not even in safe mode. To say the least I was a bit miffed. The other time is with Madden 2004 which I believe was due to the refresh rate fix, since I took it off no blue screen with it. Aside from that, all is well in PC land.

i've yet to see xp crash from anything other than bad drivers. i used beta nvidia drivers a few times, and those were the only times i ever had xp crash.

I've had BSODs since day one while using both Pro and Home (I'm using Pro now). I'm STILL trying to figure out the codes. My drivers and bios are up to date and my memory is ok. My hardware is ok, although one of the error codes points to a piece of hardware the I DON'T EVEN HAVE. I have a nice collection of pictures of my BSODs. I am SO GLAD I got that Canon S400.

A list of BSODs from the last 2 weeks or so:

101-0166

page fault in non paged area

stop: 0x00000050 (0x86bf92a0,0x00000000, 0x8051a181, 0x00000000)

this sounds liek you have a driver problem. i would roll back your computer to the point before where it was making these errors. i was getting a lot like that and i traced it back to my graphics card. the drivers for it were so messed up and stuff, but then i corrupt my hard drive with partition f-ing magic and had to reformat. with the newest drivers, ive yet to have any problems. i would look at recently installed software and hardware and see what the poop is.

yeah, a few. the first day retail came out i bought it (i played with the beta builds too now, but it was a solid product in the end so i was one of the first at the door :D) i went to change my screen saver, and i got a BSOD i think it was. that or explorer crashed. i can't remember, but it was :wacko:

i've gotten a few BSODs regarding windows media player too. :huh:

few BSOD's when i first built my computer (as the components were new and so were the drivers)..everything's rock solid now...little quirks here and there, but nothing a restart cant fix :) i never really had a problem with bsods, even in '95/'98 days... so, yes, i can gladly say im bsod-free

this sounds liek you have a driver problem. i would roll back your computer to the point before where it was making these errors. i was getting a lot like that and i traced it back to my graphics card. the drivers for it were so messed up and stuff, but then i corrupt my hard drive with partition f-ing magic and had to reformat. with the newest drivers, ive yet to have any problems. i would look at recently installed software and hardware and see what the poop is.

The BSODs started pretty much right after I installed Pro. I've done 3 installs since I got Pro this summer and the problems persist. I've had it to the shop for testing, I've tested it and the memory, mobo, and cpu check out fine. I don't have any other memory, cpus, or mobos laying around to swap out parts for testing. The problems were there then I had Home installed on a different system (mobo, cpu, ram, video, sc...). I don't know why stuff is so ****** up. Every other computer I've built over the last 8yrs has worked and I think I know what I'm doing.

I just got another diagnostic program so I'll see how that works. Memtest86 didn't come up with anything but I'll run it again when I go to bed.

XP has been pretty good to me so far. I had a few BSODs, but they were all in the past and usually it has something to do with a faulty driver or hardware nothing more.

No BSODs whatsoever. I've had one total freeze and one "windows has recovered" error.

What are all these Halo BSODs everyone keeps talking about? I've had it since release and nothing like that has happened. Is everyone patched up? When does the BSOD happen?

I voted several times but really the only time I've had them was when playing games and getting the stupidly annoying IRQ_less than error. I don't play as many games now.

I haven't had a bluescreen since XP came out which was non-game related.

Its much improved - Windows 9X was bloody annoying for BSODs.

i used to get them when i had a geforce2, always crashed windows when i ran anything full screen... got rid of the card and built a new pc, haven't had a bsod in months...