What do you do on weekends?

Me, I just get s***faced.

IT support just takes it out of me.

Right now, just gettin started.

Happy weekend, y'all.

My job doesn't allow me to have regular days off.

When guest show up I work and I'm done when they leave.

I can have 2 weeks of nothing or 3 months non stop work

Strange, but fun

My job doesn't allow me to have regular days off.

When guest show up I work and I'm done when they leave.

I can have 2 weeks of nothing or 3 months non stop work

Strange, but fun

What do you with the 2 weeks of nothing?

I just hang out at home, watch some TV. On Friday nights I walk down town and have some drinks then walk home. Sometimes on Saturday and Sundays I also work on computers. It doesn't bother me that much I love doing it so it never feels like work. From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed I'm always doing something with computers.

What do you with the 2 weeks of nothing?

Relax at home, walk the dogs, work in the garden

Watch movies, play with the computer

I can keep myself busy :)

I just hang out at home, watch some TV. On Friday nights I walk down town and have some drinks then walk home. Sometimes on Saturday and Sundays I also work on computers. It doesn't bother me that much I love doing it so it never feels like work. From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed I'm always doing something with computers.

I get you.

My life has been computers. But don't you sometimes feel the need to just eff it all and go shrimp fishing or something? (I have no idea what shrimp fishing is)

Relax at home, walk the dogs, work in the garden

Watch movies, play with the computer

I can keep myself busy :)

At least you have dogs and a garden. That must be seriously relaxing.

I get you.

My life has been computers. But don't you sometimes feel the need to just eff it all and go shrimp fishing or something? (I have no idea what shrimp fishing is)

I can spend all my free time playing with pc's, but then again my job doesn't involve pc's at all anymore.

Back when I still did consulting, I would barely touch my pc at night or in the weekend. That was time to hang out with friend, go dancing and do general stupid stuff.

Now my job involves being social much more so I can be a bit anti social in my free time :)

I go shooting, walking in the woods, talk to people in the community on CB radio, camp out, etc.

Shooting? Shooting what? Sorry, butI cannot imagine being relaxed by discharging firearms.

But, to each his own, I suppose.

@ Warwagon: don't you ever get sick of it?

@ Warwagon: don't you ever get sick of it?

Shooting? Shooting what? Sorry, butI cannot imagine being relaxed by discharging firearms.

But, to each his own, I suppose.

I don't shoot "every" weekend, but I do enjoy target practicing from time to time. Other times I go hunting for whatever is in season at the time. Today I actually got around to building me a target rack so I can stop propping pop cans up on a pile of dirt or trying to find a dead tree to tack my targets to. I'm actually quite a gun enthusiast. I own them for hunting and, should the need ever arise, self and home defense, and that doesn't just apply to humans. We have mountain lions, wild boar, bobcats, possums, and all sorts of critters that can be dangerous to pets and livestock.

post-125978-0-55531600-1354421046.jpg

I hang out with my wife mostly. We either hang out with family or we go to the movies or shop or something. There is always something to do. Occasionally I slum around with some of my buddies, just like old times. My life is probably boring to most people but I like my weekends to be low key.

Ever since I quit drinking three months ago, absolutely nothing. That is all anyone ever wants to do. It is rather depressing, for them, not for me. People aren't kidding when they say you find out who is really your friend, or just "drinking buddies," after you quit.

I'm fine just sitting here browsing around, waiting for NFL Sunday. That is about all my week adds up to, watching football on Sunday.

Ever since I quit drinking three months ago, absolutely nothing. That is all anyone ever wants to do. It is rather depressing, for them, not for me. People aren't kidding when they say you find out who is really your friend, or just "drinking buddies," after you quit.

I'm fine just sitting here browsing around, waiting for NFL Sunday. That is about all my week adds up to, watching football on Sunday.

Why'd you quit?

I hang out with my wife mostly. We either hang out with family or we go to the movies or shop or something. There is always something to do. Occasionally I slum around with some of my buddies, just like old times. My life is probably boring to most people but I like my weekends to be low key.

Much the same here. Do you miss, sometimes, the old cameraderie?

Why'd you quit?

Short answer, it was consuming me. For the past 8 years I have drank nearly every weekend, in that time. It wasn't something I even realized until someone pointed it out to me, and I realized that is the only reason I looked forward to the weekends was to drink.

Alcoholism runs in the family, so it just seemed like a good time to completely stop, and save myself in the long run.

Much the same here. Do you miss, sometimes, the old cameraderie?

Sometimes. It's just that my job is so demanding that I am burnt out by the weekend. I need some rest.

Short answer, it was consuming me. For the past 8 years I have drank nearly every weekend, in that time. It wasn't something I even realized until someone pointed it out to me, and I realized that is the only reason I looked forward to the weekends was to drink.

Alcoholism runs in the family, so it just seemed like a good time to completely stop, and save myself in the long run.

Yeah. I save it all up during the week, and really go to town on weekends. Funny thing is, no obvious alcoholism in my family, although according to my mother, her dad hit the bottle pretty hard. I never knew him, but I guess I got his genes.

Oh That! target practise! That I wouldn't mind. What hardware do you carry?

My gun list.

Pistol: Smith & Wesson Sigma (.40 caliber) (modified trigger)

Self/Home Defense Rifle: Windham Weaponry HBC AR-15 (5.56mm / .223 Remington)

Hunting Rifle: Savage Model 110 (30-06)

Shotgun: Harrington and Richardson Topper Model, break action (12 gauge, can fire 3" magnum or regular 2 3/4" shells)

My wife also carries a Springfield XD sub-compact in .40 cal.

Mostly Greek to me. Makes me wonder why I asked the question to begin with. But i DO understand the therapeutic effects of pumping off a few rounds at a target.

What I use, however, is a .22 target pistol. I would seriously love to try the S&W. That must have one hell of a kick.

Mostly Greek to me. Makes me wonder why I asked the question to begin with. But i DO understand the therapeutic effects of pumping off a few rounds at a target.

What I use, however, is a .22 target pistol. I would seriously love to try the S&W. That must have one hell of a kick.

Got tons of videos on them on my YouTube channel, :-P

Catch up with my gaming. Usually during the week i only get a couple of hours each evening. Weekends though i can do marathon sessions.

The odd time may go out. I don't really drink (about 4-5 a year). I'm not a fan of the "club" scene my mates are in to. I don't like the music :laugh:

Every other weekend i do RC car racing as well.

Going to mall with family, browse web (Phone, tablet, laptop). and, If there is a good show on TV, then watch.

In recent months, my weekends have consisted of having a few drinks with friends on Friday night, then sleeping as much as I can on Saturday and Sunday while catching up with TV and video games. When it gets to the weekend I'm knackered and just need some downtime to prepare me for the next week.