Having real issues with push email over the last week

I have a live.com email that I migrated over to the outlook.com webmail interface as soon as it was offered a couple of months ago. Push email had been working normaly up until a week or so ago. Meaning that as soon as an email hit my inbox it pushed out to my ipad and Nokia lumia 920. Now it seems that push email is either delayed by 15-20 minutes or doesn't push at all, I have to manually sync the devices. I also have a gmail account setup for push and that works fine, meaning that as soon as a email hits the inbox it pushes out to the devices.

Here is the strange part...if I send an email from the live account to the gmail account it hits the inbox instantly and pushes out instantly. If I send an email from the gmail to the live account, it hits the live inbox instantly but doesn't push out to the devices.

I have no idea what is causing this and it has gotten very annoying. I have already missed some important emails because of this and could really use to get it fixed. I don't know if it is an account issue or the outlook migration issue or what. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. I took my WP over to my local Microsoft store but they really didn't have any suggestions. Both the ipad and lumia use the following server for my live account: blu-m.hotmail.com and for gmail: m.google.com

Not sure how to fix your issue, but a workaround for now could be forwarding all your outlook emails to your gmail account, that way you should get them as soon as they arrive

From what I remember, I was using these servers

pop3.live.com

smtp.live.com

Not sure how to fix your issue, but a workaround for now could be forwarding all your outlook emails to your gmail account, that way you should get them as soon as they arrive

From what I remember, I was using these servers

pop3.live.com

smtp.live.com

I was thinking of reverting back to the old hotmail interface and seeing if that might help. Under options it gives me the option of reverting back.

Have you removed and readded the account on your iPad? Is that the primary account for your 920?

That's like asking if I have restarted my computer. That is troubleshooting 101....of course I have done this.

Well you didn't cite it so I was confirming (as that has been the fix for this issue in the past for iOS devices and Hotmail). No need to get snippy. :)

Is that the primary email of your WP device as well? I'm betting its your prefix. Have you tried just using 'm.hotmail.com' or one of the other alternates?

(dub-m.hotmail.com, stn-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com, col-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com - though I have no idea what these additional prefixes are designated for - mine works fine with just m but does sound like a suspect if you just migrated.)

Well you didn't cite it so I was confirming (as that has been the fix for this issue in the past for iOS devices and Hotmail). No need to get snippy. :)

Is that the primary email of your WP device as well? I'm betting its your prefix. Have you tried just using 'm.hotmail.com' or one of the other alternates?

(dub-m.hotmail.com, stn-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com, col-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com - though I have no idea what these additional prefixes are designated for - mine works fine with just m but does sound like a suspect if you just migrated.)

I have tried some of the other servers and it is still happening. I have tried the snt-m and the bay-m. I will try just the m.hotmail and see if that works. Even though I like the new outlook interface I am thinking I am going to revert back and see if that works.

My company was having the same issue last week, my own exchange email was delayed nearly an hour and resolved itself on its own. Another associate of mine didn't receive any emails during an entire night as well. We discovered that there were some exchange server migrations at microsoft that caused this problem for many people- This is why you experienced what you did.

This has now gotten to the point that I am completely angry with all things hotmail/outlook. No matter what server settings I try, I cannot get my live address to properly sync. It will not push email in a timely matter if it pushes at all. It will not sync back any changes I make from the mobile devices unless I do a manual sync (i.e delete emails or move to folders). It's gotten to the point where the live account is no good to me anymore but I have so much tied to it and it isn't so easy to just switch.

As I spend more and more time on this senseless issue, I have been on the phone with att and microsoft. It is not a phone/network/data issue as my gmail is actually working just fine. Att sent a series of test emails to my gmail account and they pushed out just fine. What it is looking like is my live account and any address associated with it is the problem. I have an outlook.com address that is linked to my live account and that won't push either. Microsoft has no idea why but is investigating. I suppose I can just forward my live.com email to my gmail account and that should solve it for the moment but in the long run I have to get this fixed.

I have had a hotmail account going back to the days before Microsoft owned it but this is the first time that I am actually thinking of making the full switch to gmail. This has been so annoying.

I would contact support directly with the email in question then and let them look into it. If anything, something goofed on your account and isn't an issue with the service at large.

I saw you posted here, did you see the mod responded today? (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-sync/push-email-not-working-correctly/276d4726-d949-42c5-842a-c56a85b07511)

I would contact support directly with the email in question then and let them look into it. If anything, something goofed on your account and isn't an issue with the service at large.

I saw you posted here, did you see the mod responded today? (http://answers.micro...2a-c56a85b07511)

Yep....already responded to the PM request over there. I am hoping that it gets taken care quickly. Kinda cool that you found my question over at the MS forum :)