How to give your dog drugs

I am wondering how I would do this for cats? My daughter suggested that we would have to hide the medication in soft food. Either way this is really good! :D

I am wondering how I would do this for cats? My daughter suggested that we would have to hide the medication in soft food. Either way this is really good! :D

I know as I currently have a 1 year old dog I am trying to give medication to (has some stomach issues to sort, nothing serious hopefully), and they actually make treats specifically for both cats and dogs that are "pockets," so you put the pill in the pocket treat, then make it a ball, and if they eat it quick enough, they think it is only a treat.

Unfortunately my dog is already hip to the game, so the little ****** eats everything except the pill then spits the pill out. I am actually trying to capture the whole thing on video as it is damn amusing.

I had to do this.... Wasn't easy. Basically put a little butter on the pill, opened up my cats mouth by hand... Shove it down there. My dogs were always easy... Used peanut butter or a slice of cheese