Nexus 4 shipped a week early. Woot

That's very fortunate for you.

Meanwhile, I've been waiting for my replacement Nexus 4 to arrive. If they don't ship my replacement Nexus 4 today, then their original email that stated "ships less than a week" was a lie. Google Play support has been absolutely terrible throughout this whole process. They have $700 on my CC in charges and holds from this whole ordeal. They have $700 and I currently have nothing.

They received the defective Nexus 4 last Wednesday, but still have not removed the $350 hold on my credit card.

The last Google Play Store Support email indicates that they are getting a much higher than anticipated number of returned Nexus 4s due to defects.

Thank you for contacting Google.

I understand your frustration and this is an issue on our side. We had set aside a certain number of devices that statistically would of filled our need for replacement devices and we underestimated the launch of said devices, we have informed the manufacture and our warehouses and we are working hastily to fulfill these orders as soon as possible

If they do not have my replacement shipped by next Wednesday, I'm calling to cancel and ask for a full refund.

That's very fortunate for you.

Meanwhile, I've been waiting for my replacement Nexus 4 to arrive. If they don't ship my replacement Nexus 4 today, then their original email that stated "ships less than a week" was a lie. Google Play support has been absolutely terrible throughout this whole process. They have $700 on my CC in charges and holds from this whole ordeal. They have $700 and I currently have nothing.

They received the defective Nexus 4 last Wednesday, but still have not removed the $350 hold on my credit card.

The last Google Play Store Support email indicates that they are getting a much higher than anticipated number of returned Nexus 4s due to defects.

If they do not have my replacement shipped by next Wednesday, I'm calling to cancel and ask for a full refund.

I read that they say the demand is so high that replacement shipping is delayed. Google, seriously, this Nexus 4 supply/launch is a hot mess.

I do hope Google's Nexus line take a huge hit so they learn to do better next time.

I read that they say the demand is so high that replacement shipping is delayed. Google, seriously, this Nexus 4 supply/launch is a hot mess.

I do hope Google's Nexus line take a huge hit so they learn to do better next time.

The thing is, I'm really routing for them. The idea sounds nice, an awesome unlocked smartphone at a reasonable price. But the delivery this round has been great for some, terrible for others. I thought I was in the first group when my original order shipped earlier than expected but soon discovered I was a poor sap in the later group.

• 2 weeks later...