Dragon Age III influenced by Skyrim

Some of the side quests are pretty crap that I will agree on but I enjoyed the main story.

Just a bit of information on the way most theaters work. Theaters make very little money off of actual box office sales. Most of that money goes to the distributors of the films. Depending on the theater and/or theater chain, they may get a dollar or so of the total ticket price.

So, how do movie theaters make their money, you may be asking. Okay. Maybe you're not asking that, plus you've probably figured it out by now. Yep. Concessions. That is why popcorn and drinks and candy cost so much at a theater because this is their bread and butter, or extra butter as it were.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily a proponent of this, but neither am I an opponent. I don't usually buy concessions when I got the movies. But, I understand for these guys to stay in business, they have to do this. Anyway, I just wanted to shed a simple overview of how this usually works. Entirely, off-topic by the way.

I totally read your post in the voice of David Attenborough when I got to "you may be asking". :-P

On topic, the mode of "travel" between zones was kind of annoying in DAO, the environments looked really nice to me and I loved the storyline and the lore, I'd get into the game just in time to be jolted back to reality when I was presented with a little map and cutsie little footprints that reminded me of the map of Hogwarts in Harry Potter that showed where everybody was at. An open world game would be the way to go in my opinion.

Am I the only one here that actually enjoyed Dragon Age II?

No i quite liked it too! Also those two dlc's were quite good.

Somehow i didnt like Skyrim...its too large, and it wasnt fascinating as DA world is.

No, I liked it, just not as much as I wanted to LOVE it. It felt unlike most Bioware games I've played, it felt very incomplete. I blame EA, and I enjoy pirating EA's games because of this reason. I paid for DAII and I didn't get what I expected at all, is this is moral conundrum? I played Mass Effect 3, first time I played Mass Effect - I LOVED it, and then I got to the end and I WAS LIKE YO, WHAT THE F! I read zero reviews of the game, I just decided to pick it up a couple months after launch. I never read all the complaints about the LAME ass ending. I could rant and rant, but I feel cheated.

Its nice the graphics will probably be great but I just want them to focus on story. I loved the story of the original DA origins. It setup so much lore and a great environment plus characters and then tossed them aside in the second one for a clearly rushed game. I don't expect them to go back to the original story but if it and the game play are better than the second then the great graphics will just be a cherry on top of a gamergasm sundae.

DAO was so well executed a blast from the past sprinkled with modern elements that no sequel could have ever hoped to stand up to it. Once I got past that hurdle, it... well, welcomed me with other problems which at this moment are all too obvious, but I kept playing till the end and after it, so I must have enjoyed it as well.

DAO was like Windows 7, DA2 was Windows 8 :shiftyninja:

Same here, but I do like some stuff about Skyrim.

The environment and exploration is fantastic.

The characters and story...meh, let them all die for all I care (not that I play that way of course, but none of them are particularly interesting.)

The overabundance of crappy items to pick up in the world could certainly go and I wouldn't feel terribly bad about it.

I can understand that people like to explore but for me personally it's all about the story, I think that is the reason I like dragon age more.

Games? Dragon Age: Origins was great - one of my favourites - but Dragon Age II was terrible and is in no way comparable to a great game like Skyrim.

After the mess that was DAII there's no way I'm going to pickup DAIII at launch and I'll skip it altogether if they continue to boycott Steam, just as I had to do / will do with Mass Effect 3, SimCity, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3 and unfortunately Crysis 3 (though the other Crysis games were released on Steam so Crysis 3 might be okay). I have no problem with EA pushing the Origin platform - much like I buy games on Steam that use UPlay and GFWL - but I like to buy my games on Steam to keep them altogether. I'll continue to boycott EA games as long as they continue to boycott Steam.

I don't agree with you mate, I tought dragon age 2 was better than skyrim. Although I do agree that origins was much better.