SwiftKey Flow public beta

It isnt

It isn't just for Flow. After seeing this I forgot to download Swiftkey after updating my S3 to 4.1.1 on AT&T yesterday so went to download it, and getting the same error. BTW it just seems to be the English pack, lol, I pressed Espanol (US) by accident and it started downloading instantly.

I imagine their servers are just overloaded in general, not specific to any version. I don't really think I care all that much about Flow though, so I'll just stick with Swiftkey for the rest of the day and try to update again later when things settle down.

So i've been trying this out and kinda like it but... Its memory usage is ridiculous for a keyboard. Does anyone else who's tried it see this too?

2012-12-09_17-23-14-1.jpg

Using 36 MB for me. I honestly have never looked at memory usage on my apps. Android handles memory just fine, and it's just a moot point with phones coming out with 1/2GB of RAM. It's like people being obssesed about how much memory a program uses on their computer - just don't worry, as long as you have enough memory to go around.

I only looked into its memory usage cause i seen some very noticeable lag when opening it up at times(such as in the web browser) and was wondering why. And this seems to be a likely cause.

Also, my phone only has 512MB of ram. So in the case of my device 51MB is a little bit high for this.

As someone who has used Swype since I got my phone (Droid X.....came with Swype), I am very pleased with SwiftKey Flow. It gives me the speed of Swype with the better predictions of SwiftKey (compared to Swype).

On another note, swiping over the spacebar between words is great, to my knowledge Swype doesn't do this (never tried it but I never saw anything that told me I could do it....unlike SwiftKey).....means I have to lift my finger that much less (in Swype I've always had to lift my finger between words, which slows it down a bit).

Waiting to get my Nexus 4 and then will give this a try. Overall, I find gesture keyboard input most useful if you have to use only one hand to type, otherwise it's just faster to use two fingers and type normally.

Waiting to get my Nexus 4 and then will give this a try. Overall, I find gesture keyboard input most useful if you have to use only one hand to type, otherwise it's just faster to use two fingers and type normally.

Agreed, that's why it's nice to see this on my favorite two thumb keyboard as well. Gives a good option for either. It seems to work pretty well too, but I typically type anyway, not slide/swipe/swype.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using swiftkey for a fair while now and it's a pretty decent keyboard, my only real gripe is that it keeps autocorrecting me when I use colloquialisms and swear words (which their authors need to be reminded ARE a legitimate part of the English language). Even given that gripe though i'd recommend it to most people. I however have never really been all that comfortable with gestural based keyboards