Server Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Business Space?

Question

I have a number of servers running Server 2008 R2 protected with Trend Micro Deep Security, the licence is coming up for renewal shortly and I'm looking in to alternatives as I'm not comfortable with the Deep Security software. I run Eset End Point on my client PC's but want to run a different package on the servers, theoretically so that if something evades Eset and gets through to the network then the server AV will protect them.

I've had a look at a couple of packages, Symantec, Sophos and Kaspersky. So far my preference is towards Kaspersky, looks to be fairly light and easy to setup and Kaspersky have a good reputation around malware detection. So I wondered what the thoughts were of anyone within the Neowin community that may have used the Business Space package?

**Can a mod move this to the "Internet, Network & Security" forum, sorry I wasn't paying attention.**

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Kaspersky makes a good product and there's nothing inherently wrong with this approach. The only thing to keep in mind is that you'll need to run two sets of management tools, one for ESET and one for Kaspersky, and in the event one set of programs detects a threat, you'll want to run the name through a deconfliction service like VGrep to make sure the other package detects it as well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at VGrep, had a quick read through sounds like something I should be using one way or the other anyway.

I would go with Sophos or Kaspersky. I am an affiliate of both and can give you a discount. :)